Eganter Namm

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep on dreaming! Randall came out with some cool pedals and although the new scott Ian head looks completely ridiculous, it might be voiced like a hot 800 so that could be interesting.. nice features on the amp.

Kapo_Polenton said:
Keep on dreaming! Randall came out with some cool pedals and although the new scott Ian head looks completely ridiculous, it might be voiced like a hot 800 so that could be interesting.. nice features on the amp.

I think the diavlo sounds very rodded 800... Cheap too!

No offense to Bruce, but he's been saying the same thing for YEARS! I really don't see it happening. Guitar Center and Sam Ash certainly certainly won't stock any of it. It takes too much employee time for demos and theft of modules means you can't leave any installed in amps. Plus if the new gear comes out at previous Randall pricing or higher no one will buy them. The prices would need to be 40% less to get any movement. Which means everything will be made in China. This is a "no win" situation for Bruce. He'll make more money focusing on the same kinds of amps he's been making.

audiomidijace said:
No offense to Bruce, but he's been saying the same thing for YEARS! I really don't see it happening. Guitar Center and Sam Ash certainly certainly won't stock any of it. It takes too much employee time for demos and theft of modules means you can't leave any installed in amps. Plus if the new gear comes out at previous Randall pricing or higher no one will buy them. The prices would need to be 40% less to get any movement. Which means everything will be made in China. This is a "no win" situation for Bruce. He'll make more money focusing on the same kinds of amps he's been making.

debbie-downer.png

I dream of the E2 all the time. I hope he does revive the line. It wouldn't be a bad thing if he worked with Freidman either. Help us Bruce Wan Kenobi, you're our only hope! :)

if Bruce wanted to invest some money the promotional launch of the E2, some kind of 'demo station' could be distributed to stores. That would mitigate against theft. The modules could be secured so that they couldn't walk, just like Boss & MXR do with pedals, and it would allow players to test drive without being able to swap modules (and all the risk that that entails). Install a screen as part of the display with a video introduction from Bruce, a demonstration of how easily the modules can be swapped around & a pro guitarist showing off what the different modules sound like.

If you just had to see the module going into and out in person, you would then have to bug a salesperson to drag a preamp & some modules out of a locked cabinet. It's a significant investment to buy a preamp and multiple modules, so this wouldn't be any different from what most stores already do to keep more expensive instruments out of the reach of kids who'll actually be shopping in the $200 & under guitar range.

interesting all the ideas I had 5 years ago are possibly coming together but I won't hold my breath!