Egnater M4 question 2502 vs Head W/D/W setup

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kickatch

Reaction score
I got a Egnater M4 that I'm running into one side of a Fryette 2502 power amp and the other side is all wet. So I got a wet dry setup. I"m wanting to go to a W/D/W setup and I got two ways I could do it. I was thinking about getting a tube head and running the M4 into it for dry and use the 2502 for the wet cabs or I was thinking a matrix amp for the wet cabs and use the 2502 for the dry cab. So what I'm really wanting to know is the M4 sound better into the 2502 or does it sound better going into a head or is there really any differance? Anyone that can give me some advice on this and who have ran the M4 into a head and the 2502 I would appreciate it.

Going into the effects loop return of a tube head is essentially the same concept as going into your 2502. The question becomes how the head's power section sounds and feels? This will completely dictate the results. Most players I talk with that use W/D/W setups are more particular about the dry amp than the wet one. I'd put your best power amp option on the dry signal.

Latest posts