Egnater M4 serial #

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seeker

Reaction score
Just received my M4, funny thing- there's no serial # ( ?) It's a model from '04 with the parallel,series FX loops.
Were their enclosures shipped without serial # 's ?

Thanks in advance,

H

I feel better, trouble is when I purchased the M4 on Ebay , photos showed the dual channel, yet when I received it, I ended up with the single channel modules, and the all black enclosure with multiple outputs in the rear. So, not sure at this point if I got the bad end of the deal or not.
I have the FX loops, and single channel, is it a trade off ? Can I use dual channel modules in the old enclosure ?

Thanks for the serial # warm and fuzzy !

H

Hmm sounds to me like you're getting ripped. He might have shown a Dual Channel M4 and sold you a Single Channel M4. Did his auction say it was for a Dual Channel M4, or did it just say Egnater M4? If he didn't specifically say it was a dual channel, and that it would work with dual channel modules then I think he's safe. If he did say that you were receiving a dual channel capable M4 and showed it with dual channel modules, but sent single channel modules, you got screwed. I would contact him immediately. Do you have the auction number so I could take a look at it? I'll let you know what I think but I need more info. :)

P.S. Take a picture of the front and back of your M4 and I can tell you if it's the dual channel version or not. :wink:

Scooter said:
Bottom line is, if I didn't get what I paid for, I'd be pissed! :x

+1!! Hell, +5 to bust this joker in the nose! :evil: This is nothing but the old bait and switch! :shock: Contact evil-bay and hopefully they will help.

Good luck.

+10 I'd be freakin pretty pissed if that went down that way and was not stated in the auction!!!!!!!Seems like a serial # is the least of this mess!I'm crossin my fingers for you

Ok, here's the item # 320072494721

There was only the year of manufacture I believe, 2004. So The photos are obviously dual channel, I didn't think I needed to ask. The unit I have has all black knobs , serial, post, parallel outs. effects mix knob on the front, etc. The listing did not mention dual or single channel, and it's from a reputable dealer.
I've contacted them, just waiting for a reply. Maybe it was just an error on their part. I'll give them a chance to explain before I make an issue of it.

BTW- I fiddled with it for 2 hours today at lunch. I have to say
it sounds GREAT, especially the Vox and SL modules. Erect, jury is out,it has massive gain.

Thanks,

H

Yeah that's definitely the old M4. You did the best thing, which is contact the seller and find out if it was a mistake on their part. If they shafted you and tried to bait and switch by sending you the wrong item on purpose, tell them you want them to make it right (either give you the correct preamp or a full refund). If they refuse, go through PAYPAL, not eBay. Only do this is they are not willing to help, but file a claim with Paypal about the seller not sending the correct item and their resolution should be satisfactory for you since you went through eBay. Let me know if it gets that far, if it reaches that point I can walk you through the steps that follow. Good luck! :D

Well, it looks like they made a mistake. They offered a refund, I declined and they will compensate me with some gear.

I really like the sound, it's soooo much better ( to my ears) than my Triaxis .

Thanks again,

H

Well it was a round about way of getting here but welcome the Egnater club. I have the same single channel style M4, and yes you are right, it pretty much blows everything away. If you like the SL you would also like the B'man (Fender Basssman). I will have several single channel Egnater mods on eBay this sunday (shamless plug) so watch out for them.

Thanks, does this mean Bruce and I are on a first name basis now ? :)

I'm looking at the pro's and cons of single channel. I don't see the need for me to have 4 channels with an optional 4 with higher gain. I think 4 will suffice for me since my main purpose for the M4 is to record in my studio. I do like the fact that the older M4 has multiple choices concerning FX loops, and the newer M4 does not.
I could always punch the channel up a bit with a tube screamer or similar. All of the modules seem to respond well when rolling off the volume, so I could use my volume pedal to increase gain when needed, and set the heel back position to a lower volume.
The Erect has enough gain for anyone I'm sure, the Twin sounds exactly like my old amp from years ago, crisp, clear. The Vox is my fave so far, the SL is hot too. now off to practice my Vai, Satch , EVH licks..... :shock:

I'll check your eBay listings on Sunday, now I need more modules ! It's like offering a recovering AA member a drink......thanks.

Howard

Yes Howard....you can call me Bruce. Everyone else does anyway. As you can see, we occasionally did forget to write in the serial numbers. Terri (my wife) builds most of the electronics for us now and she is very good about documenting serial numbers etc etc. Why....I believe we may even be able to look up a serial number and know when it was made and who it was sent to. Not something Frank or I were very good at.

Thanks Bruce. I spoke with Frank and he did say that a few were shipped without s/n's . It's cool that you check the forum, and Egnater is there when we have questions or problems, thanks !

Now, let's talk about a stereo Fx loop for your new models, and how about an access door for the midi channel dip switches...:)

Howard