Egnater Mod 50 Questions

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guiness for Strength

Reaction score
Anyone know/have the Egnater Mod 50 head?

Questions:

-How odes it sound at low volumes with the 50watt and 20 watt settings?

-Overall, is the amp bright or dark?

-How are the effects loops? I had a Randall RM50 and was a bit disappointed with the loops)

Questions:

-How odes it sound at low volumes with the 50watt and 20 watt settings?
I run mine with 6V6's on the low watt setting 100% of the time (even for gigs). Sounds great.

-Overall, is the amp bright or dark?
Neither or both. You can pretty much dial it in any way you want.

-How are the effects loops? I had a Randall RM50 and was a bit disappointed with the loops)
Haven't tried them yet.

If you want sound clips of the combo with 6V6's at low watt setting go to www.myspace.com/romanholidayband - all the clips were recorded that way.

ned said:
I run mine with 6V6's on the low watt setting 100% of the time (even for gigs). Sounds great.

Cool clips.

When I had the Randall RM50 it sounded good even at bedroom levels, so I could use it as a practice amp. Could the Egnater also function as a practice amp?

MOD 50 sounds great at any setting, volume, tube combination, power rating, wattage. No coplaints. The difference in the volume between the low and high power settings are hardly noticible, but you reach power tube saturation a litter earlier in low power.

It's not a dark or bright amp, that is the genius of it. If you want bright, put a Deluxe module in there with 6L6 tubes. Best Fender sound you will ever hear. If you want smack, put a Erect module in there. Change the tubes out to EL34 put and SL or SL++ or EG3/4 and youve got smooth and dark. Want to split the defference? Do like I do, run it with Tung Sol 5881 and get the best of evrything. I run mine with either Bassman or SL module and then a EG3/4.

The loops are very good. Line level devices are no problem, best results have been acheived with TC Electonics and Rocktron units or any multi effects unit that allows some of the uneffected signal to be mixed in with the effected signal, or use anything of good quality and run it through the parallel loop with mix knob on the front. People run into problems because they are not intended for use with pedals. They are forgiving enough to accomodate some/most pedals. But some pedals run at a level that does not work well. This is easily fixed by using an Ebtech line level matching device. I do this too. Works great.

Superb amplifiers, extreme flexability and really not very high prices when you consider they deliver unequaled tone and options with so many different modules and the option of a custom shop waiting to build and modify anything you want. It does not get any better IMHO.

3 Mile Stone said:
People run into problems because they are not intended for use with pedals. They are forgiving enough to accomodate some/most pedals. But some pedals run at a level that does not work well. This is easily fixed by using an Ebtech line level matching device. I do this too. Works great.

I've never heard of this device, thanks for the heads up. If anyone is interested:

http://www.ebtechaudio.com/lls-2des.html

Egnater has a new website up, I wonder if he's redesigned the amps at all.