Egnater TV vs TD modules

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orren

Reaction score
Does anyone here have a "TV" module? There's one on Ebay, and I'm wondering how it differs from the "TD" module. I can guess that "TV" means Twin/Vox and I know that TD is Twin/Deluxe. But I'm wondering if this is truly two completely unique voicings, or if the TV and TD are actually quite similar (or nearly identical) in tone.

Thanks!

Orren

TV = Twin/Vox

3 Mile Stone had one so I'm sure he'll chime in (pun intended).

I'd be glad to chime in. :wink: I did not keep this module long. Not because it was bad or anything, it came with my MOD 50 wich I purchased on eBay. I quickly needed to turn the module over, to fund my EG3/4, and sold it to someone here on the forum (?), who could also chime in too. It was very clean! Most dual channel modules are structured to where one side is clean or semi-clean and the other "B" side is overdriven or distorted high gain. Not so with the TV. The Twin "A" channel was very nice and the Vox "B" side was not quite as "voxey" as what I heard out of Ned's twin Vox module, but still very good. This would be a superb module if you wanted two differently EQed very clean sounds.

This is what Bruch posted on the other forum.

"They do sound quite different. The TV is a Twin with Vox tone controls so it has the big giant hole in the midrange. Classic Vox voicing. Both the A and B channels have the same gain. The TD, Twin/Deluxe is Fender voicing in the tone controls so it will have more midrange and not quite the VERY twangy high end the Vox tone controls can create. Also the TD is very clean on the A channel (ala Twin) and breaks up much easier on the B channel....like a Deluxe would. "

I'd only counter that to add that I didn't think it broke up nearly as well or as much as the Deluxe. I had Deluxe Egnater single channel mod as my primary clean and it was super great. Loved it! The TV was cleaner I thought.