EMG to thick?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always thought they sounded scooped & compressed... that might be what's making the bottom end stand out more to your ears. I ended up switching to Seymour Duncan Blackouts... I like both though. :wink:

I use the 85 in bridge which has more mids, I do run my amps mids from 1 to 4 o'clock. I think I like the passive h4a better.

I find emgs sound FORCED...like they are always shouting. They are great for low noise situations, and high gain ....but to go from a whisper to a scream..that takes passive pickups and skilled player.
I use 85s and 81s alot. But also have alot of experience with many passive pickups.
GtrGeorge

I have noticed the passives being a little more responsive, both the passive emg's and actives work better with lower gain settings. I've been thinking a dimarzio at-1 or PAF anniversary bridge, not sure for neck pickup.

its not just about pickup, its about guitar type and position pickups. if it is 21-22 fret guitar position on neck pickup is just at harmonics (24th fret) position. That could effect like increase some freq or complete sound of pickup.

For my both guitars I have Duncun SH1 + SH4... sounds great and thats it.