• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

F/S: 1 Randall RM100C, 1 backup amp, 3 mods Bkfc, TopB, 1086

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tryceratop

Reaction score
All Inclusive Randall MTS MR100C Amplifier, one backup Amplifier, 3 MTS Modules + Accessories for $1250 + S&H

I'm the original owner of the following items that are included in this rare auction:

1 completely functional Randall RM100C Amplifier (Amp, Power Tubes + Celestion Spkr Cab w/orig. box)

1 additional / backup Randall RM100CAmplifier (Amp + Power Tubes only; no speaker cab)

3 of the most heavily sought-after MTS Modules:

Blackface (w/spare face-plate) - Based on the preamp circuit of a Fender? Blackface Twin?. Legendary clean tone with cutting mid-range and sparking highs. The standard for a wide-range of cleans.

Top Boost (w/orig. box) - Based on the preamp circuit of a Vox? AC30TB with a little more kick in the front end. Chimy hi-end that will handle anything from classic Petty, to Brian May to modern Lenny Kravitz.

Dan Donegan 1086 (w/orig. box) - cutting modern hi-gain tone with more gain and voicing options than any other preamps. Extremely tight & defined pick attack that will cover both Plexi to modern Rectified guitar tones. This preamp includes new gain boost and voicing switches.
2 Randall footswitches (operating via phantom power from 7-pin MIDI cables)

2 7-pin MIDI cables

1 Randall RM100C Manual

1 set of 4 easily-removable coasters for the cab

How Did I End Up with Two RM100C Amps?
The first RM100C that I purchased arrived with a slight dent on the top due to poor S&H on UPS's behalf. The amplifier operated flawlessly, but in order to insert a module into the third slot, I had to remove the module's medal tube shield by unscrewing two screws (no big deal, really). I contacted the seller to inform him of the shipping mis-hap, and he prmptly filed an insurance claim on the amp. A brand new amp was sent to me, and they never requested to retrieve the first one; therefore, I had two brand new amps. However, I fidgeted with the second amp that they sent me and I learned that 1) the midi component (that operates the footswitch) was faulty and 2) there was a poor connection on the speaker-out component that prevented the amp's signal from going out to a speaker source. This was irritating enough for me to simply continue using the first amp that I recieved that worked flawlessly, and deal with removing the module shield on whatever module occupiying the third slot. However, I was really stoked that I essentially recieved a complete amp backup (tubes, and all) for free.

Why Am I Selling All This Stuff?
After playing on this equipment for ~1 year in a band that's made next to no progress, I've decided that my financial situation is of a higher priority than my musical one, and I would be better off using the money that this equipment is worth. Yes, I will sorely miss the equipment (espeicially the crunchy distorted tone produced by the incredibly versatile 1086 Module), but I will miss my debt much less.

What Kind of Condition is the Equipment In?
All electronic and speaker components of the first amp work magnificently, without issue. In terms of cosmetics, there is nominal wear to the first amp's tolex in indescrete areas, but overall it is in good condition. The first amp's tubes probably have half of their life left, but the 2nd's amps tubes have never been used so they are vitually brand-new. All 3 modules have given me no issues, whatsoever and look as though they are brand new. The second (backup) amp does not have a functional midi component or functional speaker output jack, but everything else works as expected. The equipment was housed in a smoke-free environment that never left the practice area (and have never been gigged with).

This listing can be found on EBAY at
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290183201109&ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:US:1123

Latest posts