First rehearsal with RM100M and Ultra module!!!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

powerlord

Reaction score
I'm in love with this amp,it is so brutal and clean that the whole band wants to go Randall! I don't see how anyone can say they can't find a decent tone out of it.With the gain at 2 oclock,bass at 12,treble maxed,presence maxed,and the volume around 2 or 3 this amp scalded our rehearsal room.The JB/59 combo sounded great,tomorrow we try dimarzio dsonic in the bridge.Randall built a fine amp here!I'll post clips as soon as I can. :D

yep,the reg ULTRA module is a crusher! it's my personal favorite module for speed/thrash/death/doom metal music...

The Dsonic is unbelievable!We're cutting a 6 song demo right now in hopes of a small label sign overseas,we are going to use this amp and that module for all of the rhythm and lead,match made in heaven!I'll be buying more modules,what an amp. :D

Next time I have a modded Ultra around, I'll have to let you check it out. What part of Oklahoma are you in? I'm in Tulsa.

Pete

I cannot for the life of me get a good sound out of the ultra module.

could you do me a favour and tell me the exact position of all your
knobs including prescence and resonance.

I'll give the ultra module one more chance

well,tone IS subjective...but,the ULTRA does easily meet my needs for speed/death metal playing styles...my personal settings,on this module,are as follows: GAIN - 2 o'clock BASS - 2 o'clock MIDS - 11 o'clock TREBLE - 3 o'clock PRESENCE - 1 o'clock RESONANCE - 1 o'clock ...also,preamp tubes are Electro Harmonix :)

okstrat said:
Next time I have a modded Ultra around, I'll have to let you check it out. What part of Oklahoma are you in? I'm in Tulsa.

Pete
I'm in OKC man,I'd love to hear it!

And my settings are, gain:3 oclock, bass:12 oclock,mid:9 oclock,treble 5 oclock, volume:11 oclock - main volume at 12 oclock, presence:5 oclock, no effects this amp needs to be turned up and then it shines like diamond!

sirr riff, i know what you mean. i had pete mod my ultra into an xl plus mid shift and it is sweet beyond belief. it is easily the meanest , heaviest distortion i've ever heard. the reg ultra was too scooped and buzzy for me, its like goldwing said tone is subjective, but i do feel that the ultra can sound amazing like all the modules for that matter but for me the xl pete modded is the ticket for supreme gain and heaviness :twisted:

It still amazes me that I don't need a pedal for my sound with this module,it's insane,everyone at the studio wants one of these amps now.When my digital recorder gets here I'm posting the brutality! :D

I like my Ultra very much. The only thing that bothers me is the noise. If you run the gain up where the module really distorts heavily..the noise is pretty high. An audience might not care..but I would like it to be less.
Anybody have a way to reduce its noise (without using a gate...I have one,thanks)?

I have an Ultra module but is very dark and cruncher! I have a Schecter Blackjack with Jb\59 (like the topic opener) and my tubes are 6l6 (the default tubes, i have no change nothing)...

edit: sorry for my english :p

GtrGeorge,

Love my Ultra, hate the noise. Lately I've been driving the snot out of the input with a clean boost and keeping the gain knob < noon. Seems to help quite a bit. Although the majority of my Ultra's noise was from KRLD, a local AM station. This set-up may still do you some good though.

Thomas.