• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

For Sale: Modded Ultra, Deluxe, Top Boost, and XTC

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chop883

Reaction score
Well, I have tried to hold on to these last favorite four modules with hopes of getting an RM4 pre to put them in after selling off my MTS Head, but with another baby and other expenses, it has become clear that is not going to happen. Guess I am now out of the MTS game. So, with sadness, the following modified MTS Modules are for sale.

Use this attached link to view photos, and see descriptions and prices below.

http://s881.photobucket.com/albums/ac14/chop883/MTS%20Modules%20for%20Sale/

XTC -

This is my favorite sound of all time, both with a strat for blues and and a Les Paul at higher gain. The module sounded killer out of the box with the 2 exceptions -

1) This has had a change to slightly increase the low end response. This is not the C3 cap change. C3 on this module is stock at .0022uf.

2) I added a treble roll off to this, as I do alot of my modules and amps. This circuit is heaven sent. It rolls of the high end a bit making the module not quite so bright. It is killer because all of the tone controls still function the same way, and you still get all the sick crunch you want, but you just get rid of the icepick in the ear highs that are undesireable. This feature is switchable through an additional mini toggle mounted in the front panel.

3) - NOTE: This module comes with the chrome faceplate and round knobs. I do not have the black face and chicken knobs for this one, so what you see is what you get. FYI...

Outside of these two changes, this module is stock, with stock components. It is a Made in the USA early version and it sounds like a million bucks. In my opinion, this is the only module you need, 3 slots filled with slightly altered Extacy!

$150.00 shipped and paypalled in lower 48.

ULTRA -
This module is heavily modified. The most notable of which is a mid-voicing switch that kind of allows you to jump between the scooped "Ultra" sound and the added midrange "Ultra XL" sound. Here are a list of the changes.

1-Mid Voice switch to control midrange voice - Switch between stock "Ultra" sound or "Ultra XL" added midrange tone.

2-The Hi Frequency Roll Off circuit has been added, the same as the XTC listed above, but there is No switch to control this change. It is always engaged because it always needed to be in my opinion. No worries friends, there is still abundant Treble available. This module sounds fat and heavy, but still with boatloads of crunch and gain.

3-Selected resistors have been upgraded, but values have been left stock.

4-Selected capacitors have been upgraded to Sprage Orange Drops.

5- C3 Cap is currently .0047uf. Not sure what it is stock on this one.

6- This module has the later model black powdercoat faceplate with chicken head knobs installed, and also comes with the original chrome faceplate with round knobs - you choose your look.

$150.00 shipped and paypalled in lower 48

DELUXE -
Another hand picked module. This is an early USA model. It bought this one brand new in the music store because it sounded better than any other "clean" module i had heard. It needed nothing, but I decided to upgrate the caps to sprague anyway. Not much a discernable difference like on some other modules. Other than few selected cap upgrades (stock values), all circuitry stock. This module also comes with the new black powdercoat faceplate and chicken head knobs.

Ad Change - The round knobs and chrome faceplate are NOT included as they sold separately.

$135.00 shipped and paypalled in the lower 48

TOP BOOST -
1 - This module has had the "NON TOP BOOST" mod done that is listed on the grailtone site.
2 - I added a little midrange to this. I know the whole VOX sound is supposed to be void of midrange, but too little midrange and you end up with no carrier frequency to carry the rock and roll out to the people. (IE - no mids and it will fall apart at high volume).
3 - This has also had selected capacitors ugraded to sprague orange drops.
4 - This module also comes with the black powdercoated faceplate and chickenhead knobs, as well as the chrome faceplate with round knobs.

Great for strat blues. Likes pedals, like a tube screamer or similar clone. Also works well with a blues driver if trying to keep the mids down...

$150.00 paypalled and shipped in the lower 48

As mentioned earlier, I have had as many as 18 modules before, and I have kept these four out of all of them as "must haves" to populate an RM4 that I had hoped to get. No disappointments on these, and the prices are right to sell, so enjoy..... Check out the pics. Email me with questions.

Pics -

http://s881.photobucket.com/albums/ac14/chop883/MTS%20Modules%20for%20Sale/

Ultra Sold. Thanks

The Deluxe Module is still available, but I helped a fellow MTS brotha out and sold the faceplate and chrome knobs separately, so you will only get the new powdercoat black faceplate and chicken head knobs with that module.

Hey Guys,
Well, I still have my XTC, Top Boost and Deluxe. I was going to throw them up on ebay, but I thought I would reduce the price here first rather than giving 12% to ebay.

USA XTC - high frequency roll off switch, chrome faceplate and round knobs, $135.00 shipped and paypalled.

Top Boost with Non Top Boost and mild midrange mod, black powdercoat faceplates and chicken head knobs, as well as chrome faceplate and round knobs included - $135.00 paypalled and shipped.

Modded USA Deluxe with black powercoated faceplate and chicken head knobs - $115.00 paypalled and shipped.

See pics in the above links. Hit me up with questions.

Latest posts