• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS/FT :Peavey Classic 50/50 All Tube Poweramp

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zepplin490

Reaction score
I have a peavey classic 50/50 poweramp that is 50 watts stereo or 100 watts mono it has 12 tubes in it 8 EL84's 2 12at7's and 2 12ax7's sounds great but 6L6's are more my style i would like to either trade this amp with some cash or modules if neccessary for a 6L6 or EL34 based poweramp or sell it ... Offers Please!
-matt page-
txt me or call me @ 207-469-5581

Has anyone ever run an RM4 through a Rocktron velocity poweramp? I am seeing that they are relatively cheap and available in my perfered wattage (50/50 stereo) What i am just wondering is weather i am better off with my peavey classic 50/50 and its EL84's or if i should grab one of these rocktrons, Provided of course that i dont find someone with a 6L6 or el34 based poweramp. I would like to keep my whole signal path completely tube but i may have to sacrafice.
-mp-
any thoughts anyone?

I have seen reviews go either way on the Rocktrons. I have a just picked up a 50/50 and I like it. I also have a BK Butler MV-942 MosValve. It is pretty good but I prefer the 50/50 a little better. The MosValve is bullet proof though and is for sale btw. I just sold my RM-100 but I hung onto a couple of modules. I am looking to go RM4 into the 50/50. I have a Hughes & Kettner Tubeman right now that I did the A/B comparison to the 50/50 and the MV. Online reviews I would look at how they had them set up if they include that and what they were trying to achieve to see if it is relevant to what you are trying to do. Seems to me I remember people complaining about the Rocktrons over heating or something. They might have been running them at a 2 ohm level at high volumes or something. Anyway good hunting.

Latest posts