• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: ULTRA XL on Ebay

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

insightibanez

Reaction score
Its not mine, thought I'd post it just incase anybody was looking for one. Heres the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Randall-Mts-Ultra-XL-module_W0QQitemZ270392097328QQihZ017QQcategoryZ10171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Ugh..another one of those "Shipping to cont. US only". Why won't people start trusting those who live outside the US??? :x

Sorry, just a rant - ignore me :cry:

harsh said:
Ugh..another one of those "Shipping to cont. US only". Why won't people start trusting those who live outside the US??? :x

It isn't as much of a trust issue as it is just a pain in the *** to fill out the paperwork etc. Why should I go through the hassle when I can sell it in the US without having to deal with it. Just my .02 and the reason I don't ship outside the US.

srommes said:
harsh said:

It isn't as much of a trust issue as it is just a pain in the *** to fill out the paperwork etc. Why should I go through the hassle when I can sell it in the US without having to deal with it. Just my .02 and the reason I don't ship outside the US.

Paperwork?? I lived in the US and I relocated to Europe. I've shipped out pretty much everything I own here, and I didnt think the paperwork was a hassle.

I dont wanna sound harsh, but this is the kind of stuff why a lot of Americans are considered lazy by the rest of the world. :x

I don't want to genaralise - I've done enough deals with a lot of great guys here who probably don't share your views. But hey, to each his own.

harsh said:
srommes said:
harsh said:

Paperwork?? I lived in the US and I relocated to Europe. I've shipped out pretty much everything I own here, and I didnt think the paperwork was a hassle.

I dont wanna sound harsh, but this is the kind of stuff why a lot of Americans are considered lazy by the rest of the world. :x

I don't want to genaralise - I've done enough deals with a lot of great guys here who probably don't share your views. But hey, to each his own.

Well, you are generalizing about Americans but whatever....we're used to it and quite honestly I don't give a ***** as I feel I live in the greatest country in the world. I don't consider it lazy if I don't want to drive to the Post Office to fill out a bunch of paperwork in order to send someone a package overseas. That and there is more risk involved with overseas transactions no matter what anyone says. If I can print out a UPS label from my computer at work and leave the package for the UPS driver to pick up I don't see any advantage in shipping overseas other than to benefit the buyer. As a Controller at a finance company, I'm very busy and have more important things to do with my time.

I used to be the same way and I'm from the UK :D

USPS is easy as pie for small items and even more so if you use PayPal....there's one extra step (description line and value) and a tick box to check for all EU destinations...the application even prints out the 4 copies you need on a regular inkjet.

To top all this off, USPS is significantly cheaper than UPS or FedEx and offers up to $400(I think) of insurance.

I wouldn't do it for large items - a guitar still costs $200+ to ship to UK for example.

One really good reason to sell into EU is that the EUR and UKP are significantly higher value than $USD....you will typically get more $ even after the higher postage and slightly high paypal fee...... :D

I understand it doesn't fit into work schedules though....it was a couple of days before I could ship my last module to UK. :-/

Thanks Steve :D Its people like you who make my day - Really awesome of you to shed some light on this, and I totally appreciate it.

And Srommes - Lets not even talk about time. I'm an Investment Banker at one of the largest banks around, and I totally understand the value of time. I dont wanna debate this anymore but think it might do you some good if you stepped outside your little bubble.

harsha...if you want that UltraXL..I think it's Nicks over at rigtalk..might ask him if he'll ship to UK:

http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=47737

If he will......US POSTAL SERVICE ALL THE WAY!
*shameless plug for the post office!* :D
Harsh is a good guy to deal with. Hope all works out for ya buddy!
Dan :D

Mailman1971 said:
If he will......US POSTAL SERVICE ALL THE WAY!
*shameless plug for the post office!* :D
Harsh is a good guy to deal with. Hope all works out for ya buddy!
Dan :D

Lol..thanks for the kind words Danny. If it weren't for guys like you and JKD, I'd be a lot more cynical than I am. Cheers guys, much appreciated :D

Steve, thanks for the offer bro. I don't want you to ask for favours if someone doesn't wanna sell international. I totally appreciate this, thanks bro. Surely, one would come up for sale here and I'll be ready to pounce on it!

OK, I think I've hijacked this thread - i'm gonna shut up now. :p

PS: Yes, we should continue to trade, so USPS gets to pay its good people :wink:

There is a little form to fill out (from US to Can, and vice versa) which takes like LESS THAN A MINUTE!!!! when shipping USPS/Canada Post. The modules cost less than $10 to send either way.

Knowledge 'is' power...

We sure have a bunch of condescending little biatches on this board with your remarks such as "get outside your bubble" and "knowledge is power". Let me reiterate: Everything I sell on here, Ebay etc. always sells inside the United States. Furthermore, since I see no benefit to ME in selling outside the United States, why should I bother? I get so sick of seeing these threads where people outside the US ***** about why people in the US won't ship to them. Get over it. Some of us don't want to do it. It's as if we owe you something. :roll:

Well..the module sold anyway.....but boy, this thread sure did get derailed... :?

I live in Canada and it's really hard to get MTS stuff. Move outside the US and your opinion will change. I think thats all he was trying to say.

electricevil said:
I live in Canada and it's really hard to get MTS stuff. Move outside the US and your opinion will change. I think thats all he was trying to say.

Cheers Electricevil. Some people understand this, some don't.

All said n done, there's no point trying to argue with someone with a sub 20 IQ, which is why I didnt bother to respond back to the guy. :wink: