• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Gigmods Recto 175$ shipped

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

indy23

Reaction score
Only gonna leave this up for a day or two, otherwise I got a trade plus cash going. Recto faceplate with recto knowbs. 3 way tightness switch plus old/new sound style switch

PM'd Friday...Dude gets to go to the Slayer, Megadeth and Anthrax concert Saturday...Let us know how it was, bro.
:twisted: :shock: :twisted:

Did anybody snag this? I originally had a trade going with him, and haven't heard anything back after numerous PM's :?

Seemed too good to be true....Maybe he's MIA for a good reason...Or just doesn't check into the boards very often...

But man, with a price like that it sure would seem he's trying to unload it quickly...Something isn't adding up...

And if all these others shine on it, I'll give you 176 indy!!!

:),
Mattfig

Well here's the deal. I Pm'd on Friday letting him know I would buy it. He Pm'd me back on Saturday saying he was going to a concert and he would send me his Paypal info on Sunday, but it was mine.

"ok, we will do Paypal, I will send you my info tomorrow ( I"m leaving right now to go see Slayer, Megadeth, and Anthrax) But it is yours. I'll ship it on Monday. Sound Good?"

I didn't hear back from him till Monday and he said that someone else had offered $200 for it so he was going to go with that, but if that sale fell through we complete the deal. :roll:

"I was actually sick after going to see Slayer and Megadeth. Thanks for asking. i have someone who is offering me 200$ plus shipping, that's more than I had it listed for. Looks like I'm going to take this deal if it goes through. I am sorry, but as you know cash is paramount in this economy. If it falls through I will certainly work the deal with you. Thank you for your concern, I look forward to buying/selling/trading with you."
I am a little disappointed that he wasn't more straight up with me about the situation. I know it was a steal of a deal, but I prefer to do my dealings up front. If he wanted more money he should have asked me. We could have easily worked out a more fitting price. I am a very reasonable guy.
That's the 411 no BS.

Daryl said:
Well here's the deal. I Pm'd on Friday letting him know I would buy it. He Pm'd me back on Saturday saying he was going to a concert and he would send me his Paypal info on Sunday, but it was mine.

"ok, we will do Paypal, I will send you my info tomorrow ( I"m leaving right now to go see Slayer, Megadeth, and Anthrax) But it is yours. I'll ship it on Monday. Sound Good?"

I didn't hear back from him till Monday and he said that someone else had offered $200 for it so he was going to go with that, but if that sale fell through we complete the deal. :roll:

"I was actually sick after going to see Slayer and Megadeth. Thanks for asking. i have someone who is offering me 200$ plus shipping, that's more than I had it listed for. Looks like I'm going to take this deal if it goes through. I am sorry, but as you know cash is paramount in this economy. If it falls through I will certainly work the deal with you. Thank you for your concern, I look forward to buying/selling/trading with you."
I am a little disappointed that he wasn't more straight up with me about the situation. I know it was a steal of a deal, but I prefer to do my dealings up front. If he wanted more money he should have asked me. We could have easily worked out a more fitting price. I am a very reasonable guy.
That's the 411 no BS.
Word2007Icon.jpg

You should've been offered a chance...

Daryl said:

That's the 411 no BS.

That's some shady **** right there.... :evil:

That is shady. I guess I'm not surprised though. Weeks ago, he offered to trade me this same Recto for my Voxy mod. Once I told him I'd take his offer I never heard from him again. Then the Recto shows up for sale for less than my Voxy...whatever. :roll:

SacredGroove said:
That is shady. I guess I'm not surprised though. Weeks ago, he offered to trade me this same Recto for my Voxy mod. Once I told him I'd take his offer I never heard from him again. Then the Recto shows up for sale for less than my Voxy...whatever. :roll:

Crazy. I was going to trade him my JF Modern module and he never responded with his information.

I guess with only 21 posts under a member's belt in over FOUR YEARS of membership, behavior such as this should be no surprise to anyone! Perhaps it goes against the spirit of this forum, but I think that along with the "Good Guys List" we should maintain a "Flakes List". And believe me when I say I had to show a lot of restraint with that name suggestion - I have other more accurate and less generous name suggestions for that list! :twisted:

Seriously though - I'm not trying to be obtrusive, it's just that I know I'd hate to be the guy who got burned because I didn't know something about someone that I should have known from other members' experiences . . .

you agreed on a number he posted- there should be no "we can work it out" or "in this economy" or "there was a higher bidder (even though it wasn't an auction)" crap

I had offered him my Modern module plus $65 and told him I could ship it out within the week. So I boxed up the modern getting ready to ship and ask for his email so I can paypal it to him. Then he emails me back asking if I'd like to buy it out right for $175, and I'd say I'd prefer a trade but I might be able to come up with the funds. He emails me back and tells me he's going to put it back up on the site to see if he can get some cash for it instead.

Seems kind of a d1ck move to me. I've sent him TONS of PM's (and yes, he's read them) and never even received the courtesy of a reply. I guess if its too good to be true, it probably is.

crankyrayhanky said:
you agreed on a number he posted- there should be no "we can work it out" or "in this economy" or "there was a higher bidder (even though it wasn't an auction)" crap
Fuq yeah...
I want everyone on the forum to know that I will always honor my word. If any one of you ever makes a deal with me, I'll make good on it. My word is good and integrity is important to me. Besides, I feel that being part of this forum includes a responsibility to be trustworthy. Whatever happened to " a man's word is his bond"? Since we can't actually see each other, a lot of what we do is based on blind faith in the integrity of the other members.
:roll: Well, at least I didn't get ripped off.

Hey Guys,

I've gone back and forth on replying to this but I think it's only fair to give my side of this.
Im the guy that purchased this module. I noticed this ad up for a couple of days and PM'd him Friday to let him know that I had some gear to sell over the weekend and if everything went according to plan I could purchase his module. In fact if he would hold the module until then I would give him 200.00 instead just for the trouble.
I had no idea that any of this was going on with other members. What I do know is that he responded to me in a very timely manner and the transaction took all of a few hours from Paypal to him shipping the mod and providing a tracking number. So on my end it was a smooth transaction on all levels.
As for what went on in the background (of which I had no knowlege of) I apologize for anyones frustrations caused by it. While Ive been on the board for awhile now and dont have alot of posts I rely on alot of the info I get here from you guys to keep my gear up and running and dont want anyone thinking ill of me over it.

Thanks

Dude, you did nothing wrong! No apologies necessary. If anything, you got a helluva deal on a module and I'm glad it worked out for you 8)

I think alot of us were just frustrated by the flakyness and not getting ANY response back after being told this and that, and the seller constantly changing his mind.

Glad it worked out for you tho man :wink:

goalkpr101 said:
Hey Guys,

I've gone back and forth on replying to this but I think it's only fair to give my side of this.
Im the guy that purchased this module. I noticed this ad up for a couple of days and PM'd him Friday to let him know that I had some gear to sell over the weekend and if everything went according to plan I could purchase his module. In fact if he would hold the module until then I would give him 200.00 instead just for the trouble.
I had no idea that any of this was going on with other members. What I do know is that he responded to me in a very timely manner and the transaction took all of a few hours from Paypal to him shipping the mod and providing a tracking number. So on my end it was a smooth transaction on all levels.
As for what went on in the background (of which I had no knowlege of) I apologize for anyones frustrations caused by it. While Ive been on the board for awhile now and dont have alot of posts I rely on alot of the info I get here from you guys to keep my gear up and running and dont want anyone thinking ill of me over it.

Thanks

goalkpr101 said:
No worries, bro. No apologies necessary either. You made a deal straight up and you assumed that the person you were buying it from was on the same level. I personally will never do any business with the guy.
Enjoy it and make some beautiful music. :twisted:

After reading this, I just have to drop my 2 cents in. Here was the first response I received about the Gigmods Recto on September the 4th;

"ok I'll do a modern + 60$ for the gigmods Recto"

BTW, I rely heavily on this board too. I don't want anyone thinking bad of me because my shy amount of posts.

Sorry If I offended anyone here. I was busy that weekend and when I went back to various MTS soundclips for the modules I was trading for, I found I just did not like any of them that much. I have a 1086 and an xtc that I use mostly on that amp. So therefore cash was king and the buyer offered me over my asking price. Sorry if I stepped on any toes, but on my end with the buyer I took care of the transaction quickly, packaged it well and provided a tracking number. The only reason I have only 20 someodd posts on this forum is that I have 3 other amps, so although the MTS is nice, it isn't my only option. Once again, I did not mean to ruin anyone's weekend.