• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Gigmods Slodano module FS

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm definitely interested in this... I have 2 of your mods, and they are 2 of my favorites right now (1087 and Modern). How would you say this mod compares sound-wise to a HBE? I'm new to MTS, so I'm still not sure what would make my sounds overlap too much. I LOVE the "Lay It Down" soundclips of this module, though - dead on!

rhequiem said:
I'm definitely interested in this... I have 2 of your mods, and they are 2 of my favorites right now (1087 and Modern). How would you say this mod compares sound-wise to a HBE? I'm new to MTS, so I'm still not sure what would make my sounds overlap too much. I LOVE the "Lay It Down" soundclips of this module, though - dead on!

I've never encountered a 'HBE' in person ;) The slodano has even better string to string clarity than most of my other mods, and is focused in the upper mids. It cuts really well through a mix and has a TON of gain. To my ear the slodano doesn't sound that marshally or modded marshally.

Pete

The HBE probably has a very similar sizzle to the Slodano...it also has quite low end chunk (from memory)..but I'm thinking Pete's mod is a throatier in the mid-range.

Hmmmm... I like the HBe, but it gets crazy with the feedback. One of the things I like about the Gigmods mods I have is that they are much quieter. I wonder if the Slodano would be the same

First few slodano modules were noisy: I revised the circuit a little bit and cut down the noise quite a bit.

Pete

Yep, I'm lovin' mine. If I didn't already have one, I buy this one :D