• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Giving up MTS, Please help fund a new head

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Berserker

Reaction score
Hey guys, after my last two run ins with problematic RM50's I'm giving up on them. Doesn't seem like it's meant to be. I have a full working Blackface module and a Grail module, both with new tubes. I also have the RM50 head which isn't functioning properly and I don't have money nor patience to even bother with.

Shoot me prices and I'll work with you. Shipping is on the buyer. I have a long track record on the Dean forum and ebay, as well as a few trades here. I'll get some pics up if there's any interest.

RomanMtz said:
What's wrong with the RM50?

I'm not sure. The tubes both the set I formerly had on it and the ones I put on it are fine. The bias is fine, the fuses are fine, it turns on and it'll sound but sounds terrible and there is barely any volume.

Bad volume pot? I had a Marshall power amp do this awhile back... changed the pots & it worked like a champ again. I don't know if that's what your Randall needs, but it might be worth checking...

SALVAGED said:
Bad volume pot? I had a Marshall power amp do this awhile back... changed the pots & it worked like a champ again. I don't know if that's what your Randall needs, but it might be worth checking...

Hmm. But a bad volume pot across the board for the amp? I mean, either way just a diagnostic costs $50 in my area. And I don't have the money for that right now unfortunately. If it doesn't sell then I'll likely try to get that checked out.

Beserker,
totally understood....I think Randall did a LOUSY job on a number of fronts and therefore there are LOTS of rm50s, that do not work consistantly.
It reminds me of the Crate PowerBloc amp..a really great idea..but acc to a number of people I spoke to...they constantly "blow up" because the design didnt take into account the heat that would be generated.
So be well ,my friend and stop this forum if only to say...Hi! ok?

GtrGeorge

JayDA said:
Everything has been received, thanks again!
Thank you for helping me out at this crazy time of year.

GtrGeorge! said:
Beserker,
totally understood....I think Randall did a LOUSY job on a number of fronts and therefore there are LOTS of rm50s, that do not work consistantly.
It reminds me of the Crate PowerBloc amp..a really great idea..but acc to a number of people I spoke to...they constantly "blow up" because the design didnt take into account the heat that would be generated.
So be well ,my friend and stop this forum if only to say...Hi! ok?

GtrGeorge

Haha! Yeah I miss the options but oh well. I think I may test out that new Peavey Vypyr tube set up... Kind of left myself needing an amp with such versatility.

Does anyone know why they actually stopped producing the MTS anyway?

Berserker said:

They had a 10 year license to produce MTS from Bruce, it expired and they chose not to renew the agreement.

JayDA said:
Berserker said:

They had a 10 year license to produce MTS from Bruce, it expired and they chose not to renew the agreement.

Oh! That makes sense. So could the MTS modules be used in Egnaters?