gonna order my 1st module suggestions?!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the crush 36

Reaction score
I'm a little nervous about which module to get I play thru RM 100 and use stock ultra module and I do like my over all sound, I have played thru the plat RR59 module before but thought it needed more gain I like hot rod marshall tones but I am open to any suggestions since this will be my 1st. modded module plan on ordering thru Rob from Jaded Faith thanks!!!!

I think the Ultra kicks ***! I had Rob do a base mod on mine which takes it to the next level. The STEIN is more versatile and will also cover these tones with more gain.
Everyone is raving about the new Snakebite, but I haven't played it yet.
The QuickMod GT will also be a good choice for you. PLENTY of gain on tap.
I would hang on to the Ultra so you have something to compare to. Then if what you select doesn't live up to your needs, you can have the Ultra improved.

Just get a Snakebite. It's Rob's best high gain module and what's interesting is that it can simulate Marshall and Recto tones.

The Stein + is a lot more versatile than people would think. It covers a lot of great tones. The SnakeBite is awesome beyond words. One of, if not the best high gain mod available for MTS.

After you played my 59rr plat., where was it lacking for you? Was it just flat out gain or was it more in the lower mids, or just more oomph. It's been awhile and I know it's hard to remember specific things but that answer will steer you were you need to be. It can get very dirty with the 3rd gain stage in the jcm mode, but it's obviously not a super high gainer. Is it that tone you want just more of it, or do you want a more metal gain? It is surely hard-to choose as we all know, but you should answer that before moving on. It would be easy if you could separate metal gain and Marshall gain with different modules, but getting both in one is tough. I'me sure you'll get better answers from those that have played more of them than I have, but you really need to ask the right questions so they can steer you to the right one.

The Good ole UltraLead my metal "GrailTone" such a badass module has a very powerful sound super tight but huge low end and all of the available gain is useable.. Its one of the 4 that I have decided to keep on my new almost all MTS Purge.. Id love to try a snakebite but after my big 4 that are in Ive only got 2 module slots in RM50 Head which is going to double as a poweramp for my RM4 and storage for whatever modules im not currently playing... and since My TSL arrived and now my Eleven Rack the MTS stuff doesnt get much attention bout twice a day i practice some of my original tunes through the UltraLead and my JF XTC SE!
As i said i have not tried the snakebite but i cannot imagine a better metal module than the JF UltraLEad
-mp-

Mike361 said:
After you played my 59rr plat., where was it lacking for you? Was it just flat out gain or was it more in the lower mids, or just more oomph. It's been awhile and I know it's hard to remember specific things but that answer will steer you were you need to be. It can get very dirty with the 3rd gain stage in the jcm mode, but it's obviously not a super high gainer. Is it that tone you want just more of it, or do you want a more metal gain? It is surely hard-to choose as we all know, but you should answer that before moving on. It would be easy if you could separate metal gain and Marshall gain with different modules, but getting both in one is tough. I'me sure you'll get better answers from those that have played more of them than I have, but you really need to ask the right questions so they can steer you to the right one.

Thanks for all the replys I thought the RR59 was great for rhythm channel but didn't like it for my leads but I didn't get to spend much time with that module, but I was leaning towards the snake bite but the Stine sounds like a good one to I could start off with the snake bite and get another one down the road!! or maybe have rob just mod my stock ultra thanks again!!!

Or you could just order 3-4 modded modules that interest you and keep what you like. sell the rest. I was able to get great resale on all my modules. Sold 10 in 1 week. JF, Salvation, and Sacred Groove Modules have tremendous resale. You might lose $30-$50 on each that you sell max but it's so worth the exercise to try different things.

I agree. it is well worth losing 25-40- bucks for the opportunity to try modules head to head