Got my RM50 today, need help.

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crunchtime

Reaction score
Got the RM50 and have a couple questions.

1. There are 3 cables running from reverb tank. Two 1/4 jack cables and one with a tiny plug like a boss pedal adapter. Where do theese plug in? I assume the 1/4 jacks plug into one of the loops but, wich one?

2. Which loop should I use for my MXR 10 band EQ pedal?

3. Both of my modules thumbscrews won't screw in on the right side. I guess something on the head is misaligned.

4. Is a kh3 module supposed to be super, ultra, extremely bassy? Only played at low volumes. Maybee at practice tonite when I let it rip, it will sound better. I already pulled the Ruby's and put in some Tung Sols. That helped a bit.

Crunchtime said:
Got the RM50 and have a couple questions.

1. There are 3 cables running from reverb tank. Two 1/4 jack cables and one with a tiny plug like a boss pedal adapter. Where do theese plug in? I assume the 1/4 jacks plug into one of the loops but, wich one?

2. Which loop should I use for my MXR 10 band EQ pedal?

3. Both of my modules thumbscrews won't screw in on the right side. I guess something on the head is misaligned.

4. Is a kh3 module supposed to be super, ultra, extremely bassy? Only played at low volumes. Maybee at practice tonite when I let it rip, it will sound better. I already pulled the Ruby's and put in some Tung Sols. That helped a bit.

1. Signal cables should be marked R and S. R goes into parallel loop return, S into parallel send. The other cable is either a 9 or 12V supply...there should be a small socket on underside of chassis for it.

2. Series loop, assuming it can take a line level signal. Loop is meant for rack FX not pedals but it may still work

3. Try and screw the right one in first..sometimes they don't sit straight and little 'side to side' wiggle will help

4. It does have a lot of low end but shouldn't be unbearable ... set all the controls to noon and tweak from there.

Oh.....get a multimeter and check the bias on your tubes is in the right range. 6L6 = 30 to 36mV, EL34 = 35 to 40mv

Thanks JKD,

If I don't need reverb, can I use the parallel loop for the MXR EQ pedal?

Crunchtime said:
Thanks JKD,

If I don't need reverb, can I use the parallel loop for the MXR EQ pedal?

You could, but there will likely be signal phasing issues....since you'll be mixing dry signal with the EQd signal...using the Effects knob on the front.

Try it....but I don't think you'll like the sound.

i've been using the mxr 10 band eq in the series loop of my rm100 without any problems. i adjust the gain and volume levels so they don't clip out (start to blink). if that doesnt work for you, then you can try an ebtech line level shifter. i havent tried the parallel loop.