Grail vs Scary

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know one thing and it's that my Mr.Scary sound's exactly like my SL+ tonewise..............with just a tad less gain.Definitly no 80's Lynch tone that's for sure.

well...they definately model two different tones.the Mr. Scary module is a hot-rodded Marshall "smoother" tone AND the Grail module is a Rectifier-type "grainy" tone,imo...it just depends on which type of tone you prefer or are in search of!!! for more info on the Grail module tone,do a search for a couple of threads a while back that,i believe,mts user "Disciple" had posted.it's pretty detailed.on the other hand,the Mr Scary module is an 80's Dokken vibe along with some of its own unique-ness...

actually,i had the SL+ & the Mr Scary modules at the same time and,although,they did share a very similiar Marshall tone,i felt that they did have some definate discernable differences.the SL+ has more of a slightly grainy,crunchy,raw-er bite to it,whereas the Mr. Scary has a smoother feel,more mids and a bit less gain on tap...both do your typical 80's metal well.

I think the Rectifier-type sound of the Grail may be more what I'm looking for. How does the Grail compare to the Recto/Rectified/Treadplate?

i've played both the Recto & the Grail modules and i liked the Grail module more.it seems like alot of guys on this forum dont care much for the quality of the tone from the Recto/Rectified/Treadplate module.i'm not real big on the rectified-type tone,but the Grail sounded much better...as i mentioned in my first response to your thread,look for the "Grail" thread by "Disciple"...it's pretty descriptive on this module and how it compares to the Recto module.also,look for a Grail "clip" that another mts user(from Germany,i believe) had posted from a little while back.it sounded really good,imo...

I did a lengthy review of them both when I got the Grail to do a AB test with the Mr. Scary and my Dual Rec if you're interested in reading it.

Look under this same section, Modules but go to page 2 and look for the title Lynch "Grail" and you will find my thoughts there on the two modules.

Hope it helps you out.