Had to show it off....

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayDA

Reaction score
My RM1250 is finally full.....thanks to Rob at Jaded Faith. I never DREAMED of so many tones in one unit, absolutely amazing.

RM1250.jpg

Right now I have a 1x12 that I'm swapping speakers in and out of to find the right one (RV112GB) and a 2x12 (RT212CX) with Greenbacks. Looking to pick up a 4x12 when I move in a few weeks and I have the space. I was thinking about a RT412CX to match my Ian head, or one of the over sized Mesa cabs.

Nice setup bud - glad to see some more rm1250 love even though mine's out of commission right now cause it's not biasing waiting to hear back from Randall on it.

Anomaly said:
Sweet! How heavy is that amp fully loaded?

My 1250 loaded is lighter than a loaded rm100.

madDdog67 said:
That's awesome! Bet that will keep you busy for a while :).

Thanks man...I'm enjoying it. The tonal variety is nice, although I have to admit...my RM100 eats it alive tone wise.

The Rossness said:
how's the plexi/ tweed?

Actually one of my favorite mods of the bunch, I will try and do some clips in a few weeks when I get my studio together. I'm in the process of moving, and haven't really had as much time as I would have liked to spend with these. I got 7 in the mail at once....in one day!

BigBrewtus said:
Dang! Me likey!!
Seeing that many mods in one amp get me excited.
What power tubes are you using?

Just the stock 6L6s right now....anyone have any suggestions?

In no particular order, these are my favorites in the MTS amps:

- Tung Sol 5881 (this lives in both the RM1250 and RT2/50 in the shop, as well as my gigging RM50C)

- Tung Sol EL34B (yet to find a better EL34 for my personal tastes)

- EH KT88 (complete bang for the buck tube, pair this in an RM100's outside sockets with either TS EL34B's or JJ EL34L's inside and thank me later)

My absolute least favorite tube in the RM amps has been the JJ 6L6GC. Go figure, right?

Jaded Faith said:
In no particular order, these are my favorites in the MTS amps:

- Tung Sol 5881 (this lives in both the RM1250 and RT2/50 in the shop, as well as my gigging RM50C)

- Tung Sol EL34B (yet to find a better EL34 for my personal tastes)

- EH KT88 (complete bang for the buck tube, pair this in an RM100's outside sockets with either TS EL34B's or JJ EL34L's inside and thank me later)

My absolute least favorite tube in the RM amps has been the JJ 6L6GC. Go figure, right?

I have some Ruby KT88 and some TS EL34B. I'm trying this tomorrow morning. Never tried to blend the 88s with any other tube, not sure why. I find the RM100 to be pretty stale with KT88s installed, yet an RM4 through my KT88 loaded VHT power amp is my favorite modular tone. Thanks for yanking my head from my buttocks, Rob.

That is gorgeous! I have got to get mine filled up - & hopefully mostly with some JF mods :wink: