Hand Painted Faceplates

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pettymusic

Reaction score
What's up MTS friends? I don't see much action here at DIY section lately. I have definitely learned much from it though. I have done several mods on my modules and they are sounding better than ever. Thanks to the people who provide this forum and for those of you who share your knowledge with those of us who just like to take the reigns and do things ourselves.

I thought I would share my Dad's artwork. This started out me trying take advantage of my Dad's talents with metal fabrication. While he is excellent at this, he is also quite the painter. So, I asked if he would paint some of the Faceplates he sends me.

Here is one of them. I will post another when I complete the work on the module.

Thanks Dad!! For giving me something unique and cool looking. :D

2012-09-23213635_zps3559f499.jpg

Nice! I love hot rods as much as music gear. I see you have combined the two! Pin stripping is just about a lost art. Good to see some still have a nack for it.

BigBrewtus said:
Nice! I love hot rods as much as music gear. I see you have combined the two! Pin stripping is just about a lost art. Good to see some still have a nack for it.

Thanks! My dad actually loves building hot rods as much as I love guitar. He has done work on friends' rods, some fuel tanks for Harley Davidsons as well as a coffee mug for me.

Thanks everyone else for the compliments! Going to see if I can get my dad over here to see the comments.

Here's a couple more from my dad:

2013-02-24_14-31-39_440_zpsf6d8eecd.jpg

Here's some vinyl w/ adhesive backing. Was super easy to stick on and then cut w/ exact-o knife:

2013-03-02_14-33-08_564_zpsc1cf1018.jpg

2013-03-02_14-30-54_512_zpsda75e7bb.jpg
[/img]

I like the diamond plate design as well. The distance pic did not do it any favors, but the close ups really show the detail.

Love the lightning bolt one Petty!
I dig the vinyl. I have used a ton of that diamond plate myself. Guitars, amps, pedals, mailbox, you name it! haha I have some blue diamond plate I have yet to use. Fun stuff going on here. One reason I love MTS.

Latest posts