Have to show off my current amps

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grbassist

Reaction score
I just finally took pictures of my 3 main amps after finishing some customizing.
I made matching faceplates for my RM50 and tracked down two diamond plate grail faceplates (still looking for one more) for my Lynch box.
(I can put any modules I want and they match the look!)
I also customized the Lynch box with black diamondplate and black piping, even got real leather cord for the outside and front middle. Then I found some cool knobs to finish the look.
The Lynch box is an early rare limited snakeskin run. It had gold piping...yuck! I also prefer the Randall logo myself.

I drilled holes and added matching color jewels to the Engl knobs as well.

My friends think I'm an obsessive gear dork, but I think I fit in here on this forum!

IMG-20120224-00012.jpg

IMG-20120224-00016.jpg

IMG-20120224-00015.jpg

IMG-20120224-00014.jpg

Wow, those look great! I really like what you did with the Lynchbox! A little bit of hair with the snakeskin and a little bit of metal with the black dplate. SWEET 8)

Thanks...exactly what I was going for on the Lynchbox.
I grew up on classic and (good) hair metal but the snakeskin just screamed spandex a bit too much for my taste. I like it now. I wanted something a little more like Dime or Zakk would play....not CC DeVille!

I did sell one, so probably, my ebay name is also grbassist. I only sold it because I had two. It's still my favorite stocker.

BigBrewtus.......that's your Scorch!
I really like it, maybe a little dark, but great character, very tight.
I'm using rack eq to add some upper mids....killer!
Thanks again

grbassist said:
BigBrewtus.......that's your Scorch!
I really like it, maybe a little dark, but great character, very tight.
I'm using rack eq to add some upper mids....killer!
Thanks again
:D 8)

Looks cool bud - glad Grail faceplate made it to you safely.

Did the guitar pic too - especially the PRS's :)

I see you like the Yamaha 620's, nice!
They're pretty awesome guitars and sound huuuuuge with the Randalls. :D

I'm a big Ty Tabor (KingsX) fan and tried out the AES series because he was playing them. I have a 620, 720 and 820D6 (baritone). They kinda have a "cheap" factor but they are cool. I could never bring myself to buy the nicer 920...a bit too much.
I also owned a Ty Tabor model Yamaha, aslo cool.

What, CC doesn't have a non spandex metal look... :lol: :lol:

Nice collection of guitars & basses.

Cool to see some cosmetic modding going on. I like the snakeskin. White piping would have looked cool on the Lynchbox as well. I think it would have blended the diamond plate with the snakeskin better & not given off the CC vibe.

grbassist said:
I'm a big Ty Tabor (KingsX) fan and tried out the AES series because he was playing them. I have a 620, 720 and 820D6 (baritone). They kinda have a "cheap" factor but they are cool. I could never bring myself to buy the nicer 920...a bit too much.
I also owned a Ty Tabor model Yamaha, aslo cool.

I'm a Ty Tabor fan too. Bruce Egnater said that he is going to do a small run on his modules that will be compatible with the Randall heads...meaning the Randall will be able to access both channels of the Egnater module, but not via footswitch. I asked if he would (or could) consider doing the Gretchen module. We'll see...

Yep, made fot Ty...not for the public. There has been quite a movement to get it released to all, but that hasn't happened yet. Obviously, the name tells you it provides early King's X tone. Ty was using it live (so I have read) when he was using the Egnater modular line. I don't know whether he still uses it or not.

Ty's Gretchen (classic KX) and XV (modern KX) were Egnater COD and EG-5 dual channel modules overhauled by Jeff Hilligan. After Jeff left Egnater he told me he was open to the idea of doing one-off Gretchen mods to order, but hadn't yet figured out how to make the design work in a single channel module. And now that he's hooked up with DAR Amplifiers and put MTS in the rear view, looks like the chances have gone from slim to none.

JF or Salvo might be able to put together something comparable, though.