HBE mod....holy Sweet Mother of Gawd!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pedro

Reaction score
ok....I'll be trying this through my 412 this weekend so this is only a review based on my 212 I use at home for practice. And I couldn't really crank it all that high because it would blow the fur of my cat :shock:

...so....Mailman nailed it when he said the "Marshall Killer"....S of a B!! My SL+ had the 3-way bass switch and JCM800 mod already...adding Dave's touch to it just made it a monster. :evil: :twisted:

No boost is necessary! ... although a gate will probably be needed at high vols....but this thing smokes now and has many different tones to dial in. The 800 adds that nice thick mid and the 2000 gives it a bit of a scooped sound but still cuts through. VERY VERY nice addition to the family! :D

Was it worth the hassles Dave and I experienced with Customs?? :? Absolutely!! :wink:

Hats off to ya Dave! It's freakin' KILLER! Thanks!

Pedro

I grabbed one an HBE (SL+) off the forums here used- it is awesome....real thick and Brown

I still have my PeteSL+- that has more razor sharp Zakk attack which I really dig.

The HBE is a killer module, no pedals needed- it is great fun!

I'm trying to scheme up a cool faceplate for mine....maybe I'll spray paint an EVH design? Any ideas are welcomed here

Oh YEah....that thing is SUPREME Marshall HEAVY tone am I right? No pedal on that bad boy! Only makes it squeal and hiss. That is my "middle" module for the 'Heavier Hair metal' Maiden, Accept, Scorpions" Etc...
Petes 1086 is leading the pack in #1 spot for the over the top sound. In my 3rd spot is going a Modded Brahma. Great killer SWEET tone that isnt supposed to be VERY Heavy. Just AWESOME tone for days!
So with those 3 modules.....and my New transformer...all running thru my Lynch Cab....I have built "My perfect" amp. No need to look elsewhere!
Long journey....but there isnt a song out there that cant be covered by what I have in that set up. Well Maybe some country....But I DONT DO COUNTRY! :lol:
Have a good weekend Everyone!!!

Dan in Michigan

crankyrayhanky said:
I grabbed one an HBE (SL+) off the forums here used- it is awesome....real thick and Brown

I still have my PeteSL+- that has more razor sharp Zakk attack which I really dig.

The HBE is a killer module, no pedals needed- it is great fun!

I'm trying to scheme up a cool faceplate for mine....maybe I'll spray paint an EVH design? Any ideas are welcomed here
Ive been think in about a HBE. But im looking for monster zakk wyld tone. do you think the pete mod would be better for this?

I never heard Pete's modded SL+ but I am sure its Killer like all his work.
But that HBE from Friedman is the most VICIOUS Marshall tone I have heard! Very aggressive. we do alot of Ozzy from his old stuff to the Recent as well as Black Label jams and this mod does it all. I have owned alot of amps and this thing is a Marshall Killer. Just my 2 cents! :wink:
Dan

Mailman1971 said:
Oh YEah....that thing is SUPREME Marshall HEAVY tone am I right? No pedal on that bad boy! Only makes it squeal and hiss. That is my "middle" module for the 'Heavier Hair metal' Maiden, Accept, Scorpions" Etc...
Petes 1086 is leading the pack in #1 spot for the over the top sound. In my 3rd spot is going a Modded Brahma. Great killer SWEET tone that isnt supposed to be VERY Heavy. Just AWESOME tone for days!
So with those 3 modules.....and my New transformer...all running thru my Lynch Cab....I have built "My perfect" amp. No need to look elsewhere!
Long journey....but there isnt a song out there that cant be covered by what I have in that set up. Well Maybe some country....But I DONT DO COUNTRY! :lol:

Dan in Michigan

What's your Lead Channel? 1086 or HBE?

mike said:
Mailman1971 said:

Dan in Michigan

1086 ALL THE WAY!!!
I only change channels for songs. Once I am locked in on a module.....play it all the way thru. Every Mod I got sounds perfect for what I have it set up for. Been a long time coming, but found me my perfect setup! :D

Bronco said:
Hey Mailman, what are your 1086 settings for leads?
I have the gain at about 2 oclock, the bass at about 1 oclock, the mid at about 10 oclock, the treble at about 2 oclock. Then when the solo comes up, I kick on my boss SD-1 with the Level all the way up, the gain off and the tone at noon. Great boost for a solo or arpegio run. I also run a BBE Sonic maximizer in the effects loop and the 1086 I have is heavily modded but I still ran the stock one at the same settings. Sounds FREAKING KILLER!!

Mailman1971 said:
mike said:
Mailman1971 said:

Dan in Michigan

1086 ALL THE WAY!!!
I only change channels for songs. Once I am locked in on a module.....play it all the way thru. Every Mod I got sounds perfect for what I have it set up for. Been a long time coming, but found me my perfect setup! :D

Your Dave F. Mr Scary is awesome for my lead channel..thanks dude!!

have a HBE and Dave's Brahma on it's way :p

mike said:
Mailman1971 said:
mike said:
Mailman1971 said:

Dan in Michigan

1086 ALL THE WAY!!!

Your Dave F. Mr Scary is awesome for my lead channel..thanks dude!!

have a HBE and Dave's Brahma on it's way :p
Cool Mike, Glad you are diggin the Scary. The Hairy Brown eye and the Modded Brahma are my #2 and #3 spots on my amp. Sounds PERFECT for what we play. #1 spot is my Pete modded 1086. That covers anything over the top we do. Your going to love the 2 that Dave is doing for you.

Bewitagos1 said:
Dan, you'll have to tell me where you're gigging out so I can catch a show sometime,
Jimmie
Hey Jimmie,

Actually just in my music "studio" I built in the back of my Pole barn. Its hooked up! Even got a Full size Arcade machine in it(Ultimate Mortal Kombat) if you older guys remember that one!
Drum set, PA , Mixing board with recorder. My neighbor plays bass and fills in on the Drums when my REAL DRUMMER cant make it. WE played last nite for about 3 hours......Helluva Jam session!
Actually sore today(too much thrashing or head banging I guess) :lol:

Mailman1971 said:
Bewitagos1 said:
Dan, you'll have to tell me where you're gigging out so I can catch a show sometime,
Jimmie
Hey Jimmie,

Actually just in my music "studio" I built in the back of my Pole barn. Its hooked up! Even got a Full size Arcade machine in it(Ultimate Mortal Kombat) if you older guys remember that one!
Drum set, PA , Mixing board with recorder. My neighbor plays bass and fills in on the Drums when my REAL DRUMMER cant make it. WE played last nite for about 3 hours......Helluva Jam session!
Actually sore today(too much thrashing or head banging I guess) :lol:

I remember that one, sure. My first gig out of electronics school was as a game repair technician way back in 82...held onto that until 98. Shoulda been wrenching on amps instead.

Yeah it needs to be tuned up. Screen gets a little 'flickery" probably from no one playing it! or needs new tubes??
Been wanting to have someone check it out but not high on the priority list.