Help Build My cab

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scary groove

Reaction score
I'm usually a combo guy but scored a Lynch Box head and some cabs recently. I do not have the knowledge base and ability to be switching speakers to test them all in every cab without fear of blowing my speakers. So I would love for you all to chime in about the best combination of speakers, etc. Then I will hook them up and test them out. Here's what I have:

2X12 Lynch Box Cab

2X12 Randall Cab

4X12 Lynch Box Cab

2 Eminence Super V's

2 Celestion V30's

4 Celestion Lynchbacks

What combination do you think would be best? Thanks in advance for your advice.

I haven't tried the Lynchbacks yet but from what I have heard said about them, I would base my tone on those. Depends on the music you are playing also.

Any of those speakers loaded up in a 2X12 would allow you to run a 100 watt head without the fear of blowing anything up. As long as you get the ohms right.

If I was in your situation with those cabs, I would load up 2 of the Lynchbacks mixed with either the Super V's or V30's in the 4X12 and then put 2 Lynchbacks in one 2X12 and whatever you have left in the other.

Thanks for the input. I am only going to keep one cab and sell the rest. The super V's seem to have a bit more punch in the mids. But maybe it's the cab(?) I am going to put the V20s in the 4x12 with 2 Lynchbacks and see how it sounds.

scary groove said:
Thanks for the input. I am only going to keep one cab and sell the rest. The super V's seem to have a bit more punch in the mids. But maybe it's the cab(?) I am going to put the V20s in the 4x12 with 2 Lynchbacks and see how it sounds.

Ouch. Tough call then.

I am older now so lugging a 4X12 around to gigs is just not my favorite thing to do. At home, I use a 2X12 and 1X12 with different speakers to fill out what I want to hear.

I am really interested in the Lynchbacks and would give them a fair shot before I moved them. I don't like V30's by themselves even though many pro's and hacks like myself do.

Maybe try a mix in the 4X12 and see what you like. Personally, I like having at least 2 cabs with different speakers around so that I can use what sounds best that day.

I'm sure those Lynchbacks and Super Vs would complement eachother very nicely. Probably you won't hear where one starts and one leaves of that clearly either, for a more solid sound, which may be good.

Those V30s if of modern manufacture I don't care for much alone would go well with CL80s or K100s or mabye even H30s