Help... My baby doesn't love me anymore. Broke down today...

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I went to band practice, and turned on my amp (RM100) from standby... Nothing. I stripped all the effects and plugged directly into the amp, and still nothing. I took a look at the back of the amp, and none of the LEDs were on... I checked all the fuses, and they were all still good. My co-guitarist plugged my EL34s into his amp, and they were all still good. I checked my cab... It's good. I looked at my pre-amps, and they were all still good.

Anybody have any idea what's going on here? My tubes aren't firing... They're all stone-cold. The fans turn on, and the LEDs on the front panel turn on. It switches channels... I'm at a total loss... If possible, I'd like to have this fixed on Sunday so I can play for church service, but I have no idea what could just break since the previous Sunday. :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My Ohm switch hasn't moved in its time in my possession... It's on 8 Ohms. You mean like, maybe it's stuck between positions or something?

Thanks for the response...

I'd be willing to bet it's one of the internal fuses for the fillment supply for the power tubes. The same thing happened to me three times. You'll have to pull the chassis out to see (Be VERY careful! Lethal voltages inside!). It's a 10 amp slo blo fuse. Jeff at Egnater told me to step up to a 15 amp slo blo, and so far it's working.

Heater fuses are a government regulation and really not necessary. So going up in value shouldn't be an issue.

Look in the gigmods section, I have pics of a chassis with the fuse locations marked.

Pete

Oh no, I now have a similar issue...band audition tomorrow and no tech skills to solve this...I may have to go to GCenter and buy something quick

Alright... I checked the four power tube fuses on the back of the amp, the seven fuses inside the amp, and the one fuse right next to the power supply, with a multimeter. They all look fine visually, and they all gave me a reading on the multimeter.

What now? All my tubes look fine. :(