Help w/ Burned Circuit Board replacement

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sid

Reaction score
How should I go about getting my RM50 back up and running?

Here's the quick version of my saga and will explain more if anyone wants more info.
Blew up my amp...
Was playing at 3/4 to full Volume, blew the input fuse after about 20 minutes. Next day put in a new fuse playing 3/4 volume and noticed a tube red plating, then the fuse blew along with some pretty bad smells going on.

Took amp to Reputable Good Tube Tech...
At first look while I was there he says "Easy Fix" and showed me where the tube socket was arching. Calls me later and says after taking the board out "I'm Screwed" that the tube circuit board was burned 1/2 way through... only seen that a couple times in his life. That I should just take it to a Authorized Randall repair and get a new Circuit board.

I call Randall after searching this forum...
Can I buy a new Circuit Board? He says he can talk to someone in the back and see if blah blah blah... that I should just take it to the Randall Service because he would have to charge me Retail after figuring out what retail might be and the Randall Service would probably give me a break.

I call The Authorized Randall Service Repair...
We'll probably just try and fix that board because chances are that board is no longer available... we'll see what we can do. I think he also made a reference that the amp might not be repairable because the circuit board not being available.

I decided to hold off and come back here to poke around some more. The 1st Tube Tech who I know knows what he's doing told me something to the effect of... he could only foresee more problems arise in the future if he just fixed the board.

Any suggestions? I really want to get this amp back up and running.

Circuit Board Numbers...

RM50-A
Egnator
mod50_RR
rev 1.10
8/23/05

2006/05/04
ROHS

Thanks,
Sid

Contact Ryan in Randall Customer Service... he is very helpful! I think he may even be on here RD.RYAN ?

I'm not sure of the Direct # but 1-800-US SOUND seems to work... Stacy has also been helpful to many on the board too..