help with randall rm100

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dj12488

Reaction score
i just got a randall rm100 head on monday it worked fine for the first day and now the tubes dont light. they didnt light a few days ago and i played with the first tube and they all kicked on. it happened again today and it did the same, but 20 min into playing they all went off and wont come back on again. any ideas and help is appreciated. thanks

no the amp doesnt work. it turns on but there is no sound. also none of the tube failure lights are on and all the external tube fuses are ok

the same thing happened to me.it has to some thing with the filaments in the power tube sockets.if this doesn't make any sense its because this happen to me back in feb.i am still waiting for mine to get fixed.but, my ohms switch was bad also.

the same thing happened to me.it has to some thing with the filaments in the power tube sockets.if this doesn't make any sense its because this happen to me back in feb.i am still waiting for mine to get fixed.but, my ohms switch was bad also.

hey guys sorry i havent responded in awhile. I brought my amp to a randall authorized repair shop around my house last week and im waiting on what they have to say about it. Ill let you guys know what happens. Thanks

Hey guys i just picked up my amp from the repair shop and it was apparently a bad diode power supply. They fixed it for free under warranty so im fairly happy. One more question, i accidently touched one of the power tubes with my hand and ive read that it is bad to do that. Should i get a new tube for it and if so is there any special kind of tubes that i should get or can i just get another jj 6l6 tube. thanks
jeff

dj12488 said:
Hey guys i just picked up my amp from the repair shop and it was apparently a bad diode power supply. They fixed it for free under warranty so im fairly happy. One more question, i accidently touched one of the power tubes with my hand and ive read that it is bad to do that. Should i get a new tube for it and if so is there any special kind of tubes that i should get or can i just get another jj 6l6 tube. thanks
jeff

Its only bad to touch them if they are hot because it will burn you and the glass might break. Otherwise, they can be easily cleaned with a cloth to remove any oil from your hands. They are safe to touch and you are not going to hurt them.