Hilly XTC - AKA The Snorkler

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAdkins

Reaction score
I just wanted to say thank you to Jeff, for his awesome work.

Just got my Jeff Hilligan moded XTC - with his signature Alice in Chains mod "The Snorkler". I like the name and even better the tones that it produces. It does the Alice tones with out a doubt. A really nice grungy gain to put you right in the Dirt. Now I just need to get a custom faceplate to do it justice. I was thinking a nice three legged dog green for a color with some colored knobs or Try tor imitate the colors on the Cantrell Wah.

Sorry, no sound clips for ya. But here is another post with a few.
http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=8214&highlight=hilligan+xtc

Awesome! Oddly enough, I was about to send Jeff an email about the XTC mod. I've been meaning to do it for awhile and also see what other mods he's got up his sleeve :wink:

Thanks guys for the kind words. This is really the tone I have been chasing for years. And we die young!
I have custom faceplates happening for the Snorkeler as we speak. Just really can't decide if I want a Alice type vibe or a snorkeling kind of vibe!

I vote "Alice" type of vibe for the faceplate! Definitely post a mock-up / sample when it's ready.

Snorkler? What is the deal with that. Is it a reference to an in-between wah sound? Like the sound of pumping sound through a snorkel. I'm a big fan of Alice in Chains and I love the sound of the Bogner Fish. Can you do that mod to any high-gainer?

I am pretty sure that Snorkeler is in reference to when Jerry Cantrell showed up wearing a Snorkel and Mask on MTV back in the early Alice days. I vaguely remember the show maybe headbanger ball. I tried to find a photo but couldn't.

@Jeff - Let us know what you come up with for the faceplate. I would be interested in getting one from ya.

I am pretty sure that Snorkeler is in reference to when Jerry Cantrell showed up wearing a Snorkel and Mask on MTV back in the early Alice days. I vaguely remember the show maybe headbanger ball. Here is the video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBQDbwjwfLA&feature=related

@Jeff - Let us know what you come up with for the faceplate. I would be interested in getting one from ya.

Daryl said:
Snorkler? What is the deal with that. Is it a reference to an in-between wah sound? Like the sound of pumping sound through a snorkel. I'm a big fan of Alice in Chains and I love the sound of the Bogner Fish. Can you do that mod to any high-gainer?

Sorry got to be the XTC. Ya it's the reference to Jerry with the swim mask and snorkel on the MTV deal!

RAdkins said:
I am pretty sure that Snorkeler is in reference to when Jerry Cantrell showed up wearing a Snorkel and Mask on MTV back in the early Alice days. I vaguely remember the show maybe headbanger ball. Here is the video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBQDbwjwfLA&feature=related

I will! Got a good one last night!