I finally fired it up

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julia

Reaction score
After 4 months of inactivity I fired up the LB yesterday. I'd been using my POD HD through the near fields for four months.

Mind you I have two 212s. I had the WTF was I thinking when I got this, let alone when I got the JVM that I swapped for it? What do I need 100+ watts for aside from clean headroom? **** this thing is loud, and I only had the MV cracked at 9:00. Any lower and the speakers sound like s***. My ears were ringing in addition to how they already ring.

Maybe I need to sell the cabs and get a ported 112 with a Fane? Heck I could probably get by with a single G12H30 55Hz. It would be less loud. Yes I know it's only a 30W cab, but I don't need it to get that loud. If I use 30W out of this amp I won't be able to stay in the same room. This is why I don't go to concerts anymore: too loud. I want to see Robin Trower, but ****, from what I've heard he's extremely loud.

Here's my conclusion on guitar tone:

Low volume levels: modeler always wins.
High volume levels: tube amp always wins.

I can't handle the volume levels anymore. Just a sec, I gotta yell out the window: "Get off my lawn!"

My computer is in the shop and I've been tweaking the presets on the HD for a couple different projects. I wish I knew someone who played guitar well so they could play while I did the adjusting -- I ended up cutting the gain by 50% after recording and playing back. I find when I'm playing I concentrate more on the playing than the tone. So the computer is why I'm using the amp at the moment.

Sucks getting old. :cry:

Julia said:
I can't handle the volume levels anymore. Just a sec, I gotta yell out the window: "Get off my lawn!"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

By the way I agree 100% on the tube v modeler tone dilema.

Hearos are my heroes :D I plan on getting this newer pair soon, since they knock about 5db more off than the ones I'm using.

http://www.hearos.com/products/high-fidelity-ear-plugs-311

Shinozoku said:
Hearos are my heroes :D I plan on getting this newer pair soon, since they knock about 5db more off than the ones I'm using.

http://www.hearos.com/products/high-fidelity-ear-plugs-311
I'm actually using Alpines now (with the white filter).
Spent a whole day looking for standard plugs that dampen less.
But they don't exist.

So I'm going for customs now, but that might take a while since they cost an assload over here.
200 euro's ..

****. Well, I know your local ear doctor might be able to craft you some for about that cost that might do more. I'd ask him (or her).

EDIT: Excuse me, these are the ones I need to get. The other ones would be for my girlfriend who has smaller ear canals.
http://www.hearos.com/products/rock-n-roll

Julia,
I am not NEW, If I might say so...
and regarding volume...I found that I had to quite my old band so I could FINALLY work with some chaps that play at HUMANE volumes.
It was difficult..ya know..leaving behind everything. But I finally am working with a drummer who uses an electronicc kit and my bass player is a guy who gets it..and conclusion: work with sensible players and you wont have to blast.
I have used alot of modeling stuff, and it has its place.,,,and to be fair it can do stuff tubes cant (thought Id never say that) but it just isnt playable like tubes are. Especially in an MTS system.
GtrGeorge