I have theses modules..what can they be modded to???

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GtrGeorge!

Reaction score
I moved a few months ago..and naturally the MTS modules were lost for some time..FINALLy they are found and I am wondering what I can do with these ones...
A Brown Module
A SL+
An Ultra Module (not Lead, just says Ultra on it)

I am open to suggestions...
But recall that 1) I am low on dough and I tend to be less distorted players around here. I went kicking and screaming into a set of emgs for live work..and still play 1990-now covers. Sorry, still not doing any cookie monster vocals,yet.
Any help appreciatted. -GtrGeorge

Well, you can go to Salvation mods, and they can do literally anything with those modules, check out his stuff on the 'rigs and tones' page, amd you'll find that all the modules hes made (execpt the cleans) can be made with any mid-high gain module.

Awsome stuff, you can't go wrong!

Also, Pete who is okstrat and Gigmods is doing some cool stuff too. I'm gunna get a couple of mods done by him after I free up some cash. He has several levels of mods starting very reasonable. But if I were you, I'd send him that Ultra for his Mark/Series mod which I believe he's only doing to Ultra modules at this time. VERY cool!

Gigmods
http://www.gigmods.com/Page8.html

He also has a forum here:
http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewforum.php?f=24

Opps, sorry just checked and he's only doing the Ultra Lead to Mark/Series.

"Opps, sorry just checked and his only doing the Ultra Lead to Mark/Series."
Oh well. -GtrGeorge

If you play any VH, the PeteBrown is fantastic- very underreported, very cool! Even aside from VH, it is a great megaPlexi module......and the PeteSL+ is my favorite, I love ZWylde! It also does traditional 800 tones, a switch to get the DSL mid scoop crunch.

I'd also look at Salvation, he has a big arsenal to pick from these days, he can use any hi gain as a platform- he does great work too!

It's the Ultra LEAD he's using for the Mark series mod ;) The Ultra is WAY too scooped to get anywhere near a Mark tone.

Send the Ultra to Anthony at Salvation, get him to make the amp you've always GASSed for from it.

Go for Pete's Brown and SL+ mods. He might even be able to make a low-gain switch for the Brown to make it a Brown Clean of some sorts if you'd like one :D

The Ultra could be modded to a Slodano I think too...I think when Pete has time he'll be able to work out how to turn an Ultra into and Ultra Lead/Mark mod

I here that Ultra turned into a 5150 is raging. Also I hear a lot about the Jaded Faith VHT converted from an SL+. He's working on mine now.

How much money do you want to spend? If 100 or less, you might wanna send the ultra to Faith to turn into a modded XL. It'll give you the baddest clearest super heavy Van Halen tone ever. He's got a quick turnaround too. If you need more versatility and want to spend 200 bucks, The Pete Turley mod will give you adjustable bass response and switchable mids with a wonderful gritty almost mark IIC tone. It's Uber high gain with mids that rip through the mix. One is very scooped, the other has mad mids. One is versatile, the other is quicker to get. Overall very different modules.
It all depends on what you are looking for. I won't comment on the SL+ as I have the stock version and love it but I have heard that Pete mods them as well. If the Ultras are too much gain for you, then Look into the "JCM 800 mod" Pete does. I've heard his Plexi is perfect - (from Faith actually) In my experience, Pete takes a while to finish but you can really hear (his?) soul in his amps. Each one has an individual character and they are very different. I really appreciate his approach. However, If you are looking for an amp turnaround within 2 weeks, look to Jaded as he is very quick and really has an MTS classic in his UXL as well as a nice upgrade in his XTC as well.
So, that's what I think.

-Angel

+1 on Jaded Faith's new VHT mod (modded SL+ or KH3); the lead tone of this thing just sings with a very unique, "dry gain" voicing. If you're not into the over-the-top super-saturated gain, I'd go with the VHT and sell your XL to pay for it.

On the other hand, Jaded's modded XL is a massive metal beast!

I have a few modules into be modded and I'm sure they wll come out great. However! Atfter hearing the new Killswitch Engage CD I need to get me a mod that's over the top like that. Any sugestions?

LoD21 said:
I have a few modules into be modded and I'm sure they wll come out great. However! Atfter hearing the new Killswitch Engage CD I need to get me a mod that's over the top like that. Any sugestions?
Let's see how you like the Scary and XTC when they head home. Beyond that, I can turn a Ultra/XL into a killing machine for you if nothing else gets you in that park.

i have not heard the new kse album, however in my opinion, the ultra xl is what you want for their tone - end of heartache, etc.