I love my RM22

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunter

Reaction score
It's so cute and sounds so good, love it, just wanna hug it now..

Man I am not missing my 120W Bogners, Steavens etc I used to play when I'm carrying this little cutie up 3 flights of stairs. :wink:

hunter said:
It's so cute and sounds so good, love it, just wanna hug it now..

Man I am not missing my 120W Bogners, Steavens etc I used to play when I'm carrying this little cutie up 3 flights of stairs. :wink:

ditto! this amp is the best (underrated :( ) small amp in the market today!

Man you guys have me within inches of selling my RM100 to fund a 22!! AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love my 20 and the 22 just has to be two steps forward. I envy you...........

BigBrewtus said:
Man you guys have me within inches of selling my RM100 to fund a 22!! AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love my 20 and the 22 just has to be two steps forward. I envy you...........

Dude! Me too....I had the 100 out last night and let's just say I had a bag over my shoulder with all my pedals, cables, etc....My guitar in one hand and the RM100 in the other....Up and down stairs....D-runk....Not good....No one got hurt but I never turned my Master beyond 10:00....WTF? I think I need both!

Mattfig said:
BigBrewtus said:

Dude! Me too....I had the 100 out last night and let's just say I had a bag over my shoulder with all my pedals, cables, etc....My guitar in one hand and the RM100 in the other....Up and down stairs....D-runk....Not good....No one got hurt but I never turned my Master beyond 10:00....WTF? I think I need both!

welcome to my world. I use a good quality gig bag to have the hands free, but not having >25Kg pulling on your picking or fretting hand every rehearsal (especially when there is no parking up close) helps keeping the thing fun.

I could never make a run from the car in one trip anyway (2x12 cab, RM100, pedal board, gig bag full of cables & sundries, main guitar & backup, guitar & mic stands) but I can't imagine carrying the RM100 for a long distance in one hand. The tendons in my fingers, wrist and elbow are unravelling at the thought. I'm very glad that there is a handle at both ends (plus I bought a folding trolley so whenever possible, the most carriage required is a lift out of the car).

Having said all that, the RM22 holds a lot of appeal. I can totally see playing a gig with a clean, a dirty and the volume control on the guitar for mid-gain tones.

Its funny that these adventures of packing gear can be a greater story than the gig its self. Maybe that should be a new competition. hahaha
Move over IDOL!
As far as mid gain goes VG, the little RMs are equipt with a boost option. No need for rolling the guitars volume. I do this a ton myself though just because I like the gain in the module better.
Sooooo........................, any of you guys want to trade a 22 for a 100? :D

I did have a Lynch Box but it just proved to be too big and impractical for my needs (which was pretty much playing at work and home)
I ended up going the rack mount route and keeping power amps separate.

Mind you I dont have to move my rig around because I had sepasrate rigs for work and home

At work I have this

MTS1.jpg

At home I have this

MTS2.jpg

and I also have this which I still need to sort out properly
( I must have delusions of being Michael Wagener)

MTS3.jpg

I am well pleased with my RM22.

Now if I could just find a 25# 112 cab that moved as much air as a 90# 412 cab I'd be in business!!!

BigBrewtus said:

I wouldn't get rid of your 100 just yet. I have both and like the 100 better for gigging. With so many module choices narrowing it down to even just 3 is tough. The 100 with both EL34s & 6L6s sounds better to me also. Not sure how to describe the diference in sound, more dynamic, more headroom? The 22 with a 2X12 or a couple of 1X12s is a great alternative though! And since it has a loop too, my pedal board goes into both without any changes. Yes. it is W A Y easier to carry! In fact, my RM 100Combo was so cumberome to haul around, I converted it to a head.

Ampoholic said:
BigBrewtus said:

I wouldn't get rid of your 100 just yet. I have both and like the 100 better for gigging. With so many module choices narrowing it down to even just 3 is tough. The 100 with both EL34s & 6L6s sounds better to me also. Not sure how to describe the diference in sound, more dynamic, more headroom? The 22 with a 2X12 or a couple of 1X12s is a great alternative though! And since it has a loop too, my pedal board goes into both without any changes. Yes. it is W A Y easier to carry! In fact, my RM 100Combo was so cumberome to haul around, I converted it to a head.
I agree the 34/6L6 blend is great. Thats what I use. I also have a converted combo to 100 head. haha. 100 watts will definitely sound different but I really love the el84s. Losing a slot wouldnt be fun but using my 20 with the 22 would keep it equal. 8)

Just back from my first rehearsal with the new rig.

I have not received any complaints about being too loud (that was a first).

I have always heard myself and always cut through and sounded HUGE.

Mind you I was running a Bogner XTC, Steavens Poundcake and similar monster amps in the past. This little ******* kills!

Rig is very simple too, and in fact I didn't even use any of my boost pedals, so actually just used the RM foot switch, the MXR 404 Wah, the Retrosonic Phaser, the Radial buffer and the Providence Delay in the loop.

It's nice to have such a simple rig that is so versatile. Malcolm is pure win, too. It really does great cleans and nails absolutely that AC/DC crunch, just flip the gain a notch and/or work with the guitar volume.

I was lucky to get two such great modules from the start.

By the way, Jonathan, your rig(s) is/are insane!

20 modules, 8 of them 2 channel, that would make a nice rig if you put them all together and make them switchable with a few Switchblades :wink:

hunter said:

20 modules, 8 of them 2 channel, that would make a nice rig if you put them all together and make them switchable with a few Switchblades :wink:

I have more modules in module bags
I need to speak to Anthony at Salvation
Maybe he will trade mods for custom built guitars :? 8)

felineguitars said:
hunter said:

I have more modules in module bags
I need to speak to Anthony at Salvation
Maybe he will trade mods for custom built guitars :? 8)

Honestly, tell me, are they all THAT different? Well, on the other hand, you earn your money with guitars, so you surely deserve this guilty pleasure
:wink:

I'm really happy with what I've got, it's to be proven if I'll resist the MTS GAS addiction. I was close to getting a grail, but decided that more stuff can wait until I seriously tried and appreciated what I have right now.

No - there are a lot of similarities - especially as I have duplicates of some modules waiting to go off to be modded by Salvation as soon as I can afford to.

You can see in my triple rack I have actaully got two of certain modules (Brahma and Mr Scary in this case) as I love these modules and there are certain settings I like to switch between that I cant get just by rolling down the volume on the guitar.

But you have got a couple of good choices in Malcolm and Judge

Grail and Mr Scary might be fun for you to try and SL+ is great fun if you can get a good price on one

Newbie here! I'm very much a 100W player, with a stable that includes a '71 1959SL, Soldano SLO, Silver Jub 2555, etc.

I am extremely interested in the POWER that the RM22 delivers. It's preamp tones are renowned. But does it have the balls and chunk at a decent volume? I know it's 18W El84. And all of the others Suhr Badger, Mesa LSS, AC15/30 seem to lack in the girth department - even at a lower volume.

With the RM22's post EQ - Pres and Res controls, I am very curious how this all sounds together. Based on the players in this thread, I'm sure this little guy delivers, but it never hurts to ask!

thanks in advance!
miike.

I have an rm20..great amp, but balls and chunk? Decent volume? No, not for my hard rock/metal requirements. Does sound killer on lo/mid gain applications, the solo boost gives a great tonal palette. Ultimate practice amp...but not quite enough for me to be a #1 amp

I have to run Presence pretty high, but for my band it's plenty loud and has great punch, too.