I love my RM22

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
crankyrayhanky said:
I have an rm20..great amp, but balls and chunk? Decent volume? No, not for my hard rock/metal requirements. Does sound killer on lo/mid gain applications, the solo boost gives a great tonal palette. Ultimate practice amp...but not quite enough for me to be a #1 amp

Thanks crh, that's what I was thinking as well - great for a "grab and go" head (jams and recording and maybe back-up?) - but as a 'main' head, probably not. That said, the recording features and tones from the MTS modules seem pretty f*cking NICE! :lol:

After this thread I've been firing up the rm20 a lot this week....the boost is an awesome compliment for my lead style.

I notice the stock modules peak out around 88/89 decibals (no boost, about 5 feet away. That's just a tad short for live band jams for me. The boost put it around 95, which is plenty loud, but the tone i only like for leads- it's too chewy for rhythms.

However, the Mamba SE I have gets up into the 90s with the mids engaged (which is a kick *** sound btw). That would probably work in a jam for me, albeit I like 6L6s better for that kind of tone, but the portability is there.

So while I say the rm20 is not enough for jams, it is a fine line. If you're band is not ultra loud (read: drummer), or if you play anything less than Hard rock/metal, you're good to go. Metal heads can use a Salvation mod with mid boost and enjoy the portability.

I just hate maxxing out my volume with no room for more if needed....