I stole the idea for my Lynch Box head

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack Napalm

Reaction score
Well, after some refinement and a prototype I have my new amp head plate in place.

lynchboxhead.png

I stole the idea from another thread here about putting in a rack mount processor in the head. I have a GSP 1101 coming in from guitarcollection this week. I'll be mounting it soon.

The plate is 1/8" black anodized aluminum. I drew it out in Illustrator and sent it to a fabricator in the area to get all my cuts right. I would have screwed it up. It's very clean. More pics once I get the processor in place.

It looks great! I've been thinking of doing something like that for a while, but I figured it would add too much to the already insanely heavy head!

I've been thinking for hard wiring my MXR 108 into the series loop and mounting it to the front grill. So it would look more like a the RM100 had its own EQ! It's not light either, so I'm still in the air over it.

Any one know if the RM has a clean 18V anywhere that I can tap into?

Cheers!

I think I was the one that originally mounted a rack unit in the RM100, only issue I can see here is that your opening for the rack unit seems to be down a little far -- which might not be a problem with the power tubes you're using, but I know I had KT88's or 6L6's in mine and they're huge, so I had to mount the rack unit right at the very top edge of the plate.
I drilled and tapped the aluminum plate for rack screws and that's what holds the rack unit up and away from falling down on the inside - looks like you still need to do that.

I think it was your post that I got the idea from. Thank you!

The hole for the effects unit flush with the top of the cabinet bracing and leaves enough room for the tubes. I still need to secure the unit yet but I may have to remove it yet. I am having a MIDI problem that I can't figure out.

I can only get a RF3 to change the channels. My X-15 and GSP can not change the channels on the amp for some reason.

Here are two more pics with the GSP sitting in it.

Without lighting.

lynchbox-dark.png

With Lighting
lynchbox-light.png

Jack Napalm said:
I think it was your post that I got the idea from. Thank you!

The hole for the effects unit flush with the top of the cabinet bracing and leaves enough room for the tubes. I still need to secure the unit yet but I may have to remove it yet. I am having a MIDI problem that I can't figure out.

I hate to seem like a wet blanket with the following observation, but have you considered the amount of heat that will be baking the underside of your effects processor? Maybe some foil-back insulation is in order.

Jimmie