I think I may be back for the third time..................

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

To-student

Reaction score
I just am tired of trying to find tones with higher end amps and turning them over.

I sold two sets of Randall MTS and think it just may be the solution. AGAIN
I'm not playing out or intend to play out. Just for at home and the flexbility with biasing and such.
Modules are going to the next level with all these mods and all now.

Seems like a good time to get backin.

Sorry for the rant.

I hear ya. I've been considering going to another amp, but it's too hard to leave MTS because of the flexibility. MTS has a lot of redundant tones, but they do differ in feel. I guess that's enough for me to stay and hold out for the new modules for 2010. And I wish that **** Ultra Curve would be released. :D

I hear ya. I've been considering going to another amp, but it's too hard to leave MTS because of the flexibility. MTS has a lot of redundant tones, but they do differ in feel. I guess that's enough for me to stay and hold out for the new modules for 2010. And I wish that **** Ultra Curve would be released. :D

I have owned and played out with the following amps in the past 10 years..3 Two Rocks, 3 Fuchs, Germino, 2 Aiken, 3 Bogners, gerlitz, Maven Peal, Bad Cat, Star,,,sect...Nothing compares to what I can do with my Egnater Tourmaster and my Lynch box with a bunch of mods....These amps are truly in a class by themselves...Only amp I'd like to have now is the new Randall M22....2 modules, plus gain boost for each channel

I too have played through countless amps looking for the right tone? mesa, orange, marshall, etc you would think with todays technology you wouldnt have to resort to high end amps looking for something to juice them up like a superoverdrive pedal? you would think for the money these amps cost you should get **** near the rockstars sound your looking for, lol , you cant tell me that one of these amp companys cant do it? right now i am experimenting with the randall products, and so far the lynch box is sounding pretty good but i definatly wanna try some of the modded modules, they sure sound pretty good, cant wait to get some!!!
keep on rockin in the free world!!!

Rod said:
I have owned and played out with the following amps in the past 10 years..3 Two Rocks, 3 Fuchs, Germino, 2 Aiken, 3 Bogners, gerlitz, Maven Peal, Bad Cat, Star,,,sect...Nothing compares to what I can do with my Egnater Tourmaster and my Lynch box with a bunch of mods....These amps are truly in a class by themselves...Only amp I'd like to have now is the new Randall M22....2 modules, plus gain boost for each channel

That's some high f'kin praise right there :shock: What a nice collection of GAS to run thru'... LOL

Love my MTSes :twisted:

JKD said:
Rod said:

That's some high f'kin praise right there :shock: What a nice collection of GAS to run thru'... LOL

Love my MTSes :twisted:
Thankx..The GAS was bad for quite a while, but a lot of us did this on THe GEAR Pages for quite a few years, when all you lost was shipping $$..You'd buy used and sell or trade used for the same $$....Now things have changed...I left out quite a few amps like Marshall's, H&K Vendettta, Allessandro. Suhr, CAE, Quidley, Savage, Mojave, Rockytop, Pritchard, ...God...the list goes on..I really think The MTS line is amazing though..Next, I'm going to get a few modules modded...Can't wait for that!! It is all about the tone :) :D :D :D :D :D

Hi Rod,

I'm a bit more blue collar in my amp tastes. I originally wanted the Marshall sound but couldn't find one that was reliable, and the ones that had the tonal range I wanted weren't being made, and they were too expensive. So I ended up here with the MTS and a 5150 II as a backup, and a Fender Deville for real clean stuff. Funny I'm getting the Marshall tones from a Randall amp.

I figure my tonal chase is done. This is about as good as it's gonna get. Time to just play. The rest of my tone is going to have to be in the fingers.

Julia said:
Hi Rod,

I'm a bit more blue collar in my amp tastes. I originally wanted the Marshall sound but couldn't find one that was reliable, and the ones that had the tonal range I wanted weren't being made, and they were too expensive. So I ended up here with the MTS and a 5150 II as a backup, and a Fender Deville for real clean stuff. Funny I'm getting the Marshall tones from a Randall amp.

I figure my tonal chase is done. This is about as good as it's gonna get. Time to just play. The rest of my tone is going to have to be in the fingers.

Me as well.
I don't want to spend 1500-2k on amps that are limited or only get certain tones.
I just need to start watching for for one.

Julia said:
Hi Rod,

I figure my tonal chase is done. This is about as good as it's gonna get. Time to just play. The rest of my tone is going to have to be in the fingers.[/quote

With all those great amps I had, they mostly only did one sound really well...I sort of stumbled on the Egnater/Randall amps by mistake cause I needed 3 or 4 great tones in the Blues/Rock trio I play out with... ....I purchased the Tourmaster head over a year ago, and it's really great for what it does, but then you folks in this forum introduced me to the MTS modular concept, and that's it....That's the amp for me..and you're right Julia, the rest of it is truly in your hands and picking style....Those Marshall JVM's were such a great concept, but the amps tone was so not really Marshall..The MTS with the Scary and Brahma are great Marshall tones..The Super V is a wicked Vox rhythum sound....I can't wait to get them modded, but actually, they sound pretty great right out of the box :) :) :) :) :)

I still might pick up that Digidesign Eleven Rack at some point simply because it will eliminate the need to cart this beast around (75# for the amp + 2*66# for the cabs + pedal board + two guitars). I can take that and a Ground Control (after the firmware update) and just plug into a PA direct and use the amp and cab modeling. Plus I can use the cab modeling only on it and bypass the amp models without using up processor speed during reamping. (amp > Hot Plate on Load > Line Out > Eleven Rack > Studio Channel > Interface)

To-student said:
Julia said:
Hi Rod,

Me as well.
I don't want to spend 1500-2k on amps that are limited or only get certain tones.
I just need to start watching for for one.
I know where you can get one already upgraded with a Mercury Tranny for cheap! :wink: