I think I need a Mesa module.

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike361

Reaction score
I don't really have any modules to cover the occasional metal tone I might want to cover. The best I have are all Marshall based. They can get mean but I would like to try something different. Was thinking something Mesa but not the recto based. Heard a great tube vid of the kh23 that might be the ticket. Has a Mesa sound but not to scooped. Think Metallica. Or maybe a mark type module. I don't like real bright tones either. That's why I am not looking at the 5150 types. Been trying to read about the available modules to get a idea what they are like. Do I need a base tone from a band to get recommendations? More than likely will trade my 59plat for one but I have not decided on that yet. If I let it go it'll never return.

Id say give the JF markX a try if your into classic metallica ... from MOP on everything was pretty much recorded with a mesa mark series.
-mp-

Jaded faith markx. It's one of my favs. Not rectoish at all. And pretty versital.

My JF mark X is my go to metal module, I play a lot of thrash metal and cover lots of lamb of god, etc. Absolutely nails their tone.

JF MarkX nails the black album too. And it's got more gain than my MarkV :twisted:

Don't sell your 59RR Platinum to get a Mesa type amp. You will regret it. Become a pimp or drug dealer or something so you can afford the Mark X or the Markus, but do not sell your 59RR Platinum. Just a warning from a guy who really cares.

ps Have you considered Rob's XMG? It is a really nasty metal amp. Not very versatile, but it does what it is supposed to do, which is to sound nasty.

ricky said:
Don't sell your 59RR Platinum to get a Mesa type amp. You will regret it. Become a pimp or drug dealer or something so you can afford the Mark X or the Markus, but do not sell your 59RR Platinum. Just a warning from a guy who really cares.

ps Have you considered Rob's XMG? It is a really nasty metal amp. Not very versatile, but it does what it is supposed to do, which is to sound nasty.

I'm with Ricky Keep the Platinum!!!!!!

You would regret trading it!!

Thanks guys, the mark is more popular than I thought. Must be the go to Mesa module. Do any of you run el34 tubes for this. I could change them, but I usually run 34's. I have a 1086 I could send to Rob for the mark x. And keep the 59. It is a great mod. Moods and music can change your mind many times. One day your tone runs towards Gilmore and the next it's Metallica. I guess that's one of the reasons the mts is so great. Couple days ago got a bit bored with stuff and decided to look into the Mesa tone and here we are. Thanks for all the input and if anyone wants to keep it going with a different opinion, let's hear it. I did mention the kh23 but not a single reply on that one.

Latest posts