Introduction: New Randall Owner Here

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shreddermon

Reaction score
Hello everyone, new Randall MTS owner here. If anyone here is also on the JCF etc, you'll recognize me from there.

I recently bought an RM22 (pic below). For modules, so far I've picked up the Blackface, Mr Scary, and SL+ modules, and I'm digging them all. Thinking of getting another one, leaning towards adding a more modern high-gain tone - maybe the Treadplate, XTC, or Ultra XL. I'll probably circle back and get another clean module after that, maybe a Deluxe. Open to suggestions and advice for modules.

I know the MTS thing has been around for a few years, but I'm totally new to it. And digging it in a big way. :D

Also, a stupid question: how can one get a couple of spare thumbscrews for the modules? When my Mr Scary module arrived, one of the screws was a little bent. No biggee - it holds - but I don't want to use it repeatedly, for fear of stripping out the receiving end inside the amp. The dealer contacted customer support on my behalf a couple of weeks ago, but no response so far.

Anyway, here she is.

RandallRM22.jpg

Welcome to the board and the MTS family, you'll grow to love the amps more and more as time goes on especially if you decide to try out modded modules in the future!

For a more modern module sound I'd suggest the Ultra XL over the XTC since you have a Mr. Scary that can get similar tones of the XTC module - plus the Ultra XL in my opinion and many others is one of the best stock modules.

Here is a link to some replacement screws, same size as ones in your modules but in stainless steel.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001OAHO36/ref=redir_mdp_mobile

Take care

Ey Schreddermon, good to see you here, nice buy, have fun with it

I was pretty shocked myself that the MTS line originated in 2007 without giving so much as a blip on the radar
A **** shame because the modular concept worked out pretty damned well (hats off to Mr Egnater)

Nightdare said:
I was pretty shocked myself that the MTS line originated in 2007 without giving so much as a blip on the radar

2006 is when I got mine, but I believe they were awhile before that.

I had my first MTS amps in early 2005....maybe even late 2004.

Good to see some other JCF brethren into the MTS stuff. Cool amp that 22 is. The line started with Randall anyway i.e. 2002.

JKD said:
What is JCF? :)

:shock: :? :( :roll: :p :lol: :lol:

:oops: It's an affliction. SEX would be the 3rd in the trifecta. I'm pretty sure MTS & JCF are gateway afflictions leading to the 3rd. Can't seem to get enough of any of them. :lol:

Hamner1 said:
m0jo said:
http://www.jcfonline.com/

Uh oh ....

*runs back to the Ibanez forum* :lol:

Joke's on you, I'm not actually on the Ibanez forum. :lol:

Anyway, welcome to the MTS world to the newcomer!
Brace yourself, you'll be barraged with mod-advice very. very soon. :)

:lol:

I'm not ready to do the mod'ing thing yet, but eventually I'll likely get there. Still have too many stock modules left to explore yet. 8)

Update: although they never responded to the dealer's email, a couple of spare module thumbscrews randomly showed up in the mail today from Randall (US Music Corp). Props to them for the customer service follow-through! 8)

Latest posts