Issues when using analog delays

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steven Latch

Reaction score
Hi,

I am having an issue when analog delays are inserted post preamp in my rack wired with two RM4"s (I use a GCX guitar switcher to switch on and off preamps and effects.

I have a G-major as the last element before the power amp and the delays work fine but I also wanted the warmth of an analog delay so added a pedal in one of the loops between the preamps and the G-Major).

I have the following issue with the three units I have tried (memory man, malekko 616 and carbon copy). As soon as the delay is engaged, I am getting, on top of the delayed sound, a low frequency oscillating sound. It is the most obvious when playing high pitched single notes. I don't think it is a signal level issue as I have experimented with a lower input signal at both the preamp and pedal level.

Is it a well know side effect of analog delays or could there be something wrong with my setup?

I have contacted voodoo lab's support who are generally most helpful but it anybody here has ideas I would be grateful.

Thanks!

How is your pedal's power handled?

If it is daisychained with any other pedal that is in front of the amp (signal-chain wise) that is most probably the source.