JADED FAITH Texas Special thread NUKED?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's some incredible talent here.

I've owned modded modules from both of these modders and have enjoyed them all. Often these modules have appearance and features characteristic of the amp it's based on. And I bet if you take a peek at what's inside, these modules are night and day different but achieve what they're trying to impersonate.

Welcome the competition, but keep it clean and keep MTS alive.

I have probably ten JF modules and love all of them. I have a voodoo mod and love it too. The only reason I don't have a Sacred Groove mod is that I don't feel like sending my stuff to Europe and then doing the wait thing. However, I believe others on here that they are great mods. I can't remember who it is, but there is someone who gets totally defensive every time someone brings up this situation and then bad mouths Rob. Sounds like some kind of insecurity problem and maybe some professional help would be in order for this dude.

ricky said:
I have probably ten JF modules and love all of them. I have a voodoo mod and love it too. The only reason I don't have a Sacred Groove mod is that I don't feel like sending my stuff to Europe and then doing the wait thing. However, I believe others on here that they are great mods. I can't remember who it is, but there is someone who gets totally defensive every time someone brings up this situation and then bad mouths Rob. Sounds like some kind of insecurity problem and maybe some professional help would be in order for this dude.

Sacred Groove is stateside..Salvation is the one in Europe....

Yes, Sacred Groove is in the states and Salvation is in Europe. Scott @ Sacred Groove has some amazingly fast turn around times. Unless you're asking him to recreate the wheel, like I often do to the poor guy. I can't say enough great things about Scott. He has done some wicked stuff for me and is about to recreate the wheel for me once again.

Even though I read "Sacred Groove" I totally knew he meant "Salvation Mods". Given the topic of conversation I think everyone here knew what he meant. I think it sucks that there is any bad blood between the modders but in all honesty, that's the spirit of competition. Think about a rival band in your hometown. It's not always hacky-sacks and high fives. Unfortunately, comments like that reflect quite poorly on one dude's business. Sure, homey was being a pal and backing his guy to the death, but too far is indeed too far. Keep making badass modules for the cats that love playing them and discovering new realms of tonal badassery with em. I'm sure both or all of our modders are fantastic in areas and lackluster or worse in others. But we love em! They feed our GAS and should be commended.

Indeed he meant that. I actually thought it was the Sacred Groove thread after only reading the last couple posts. My bad, I'm an idiot. Carry on... :D

Man.. I don't even know what to say. I don't want to offend anyone.

I like different mods from each of the modders for different reasons. No one modder can claim that someone else is copying them, if they're the ones cloning a circuit, or coming close to it.
Digs are fine if they're deserved, but I'd much rather spend time promoting positivity (and social activism) instead of focusing on the negatives in life.

Can we move back onto the topic of fun times and great tones? Pretty Please!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Rossness said:
Can we move back onto the topic of fun times and great tones? Pretty Please!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's right. And I've learned something today. Even though all of the modders mentioned here have done great work for me in the past, I've found that if I just aim blindly with a soldering iron and spray some black goop when I'm done I can get great sounding results without even putting the tubes back in! I simply can't beat the turn around time and the shipping is free! I'll grant you that my faceplate designs suck, but what they lack in quality they make up for with fingerprints and bent screws. Now before you all start sending me PMs for orders, I'm sorry to inform you that I'm only making these badboys for myself!
Eric Cartman :mrgreen:

audiomidijace said:
He's right. And I've learned something today. Even though all of the modders mentioned here have done great work for me in the past, I've found that if I just aim blindly with a soldering iron and spray some black goop when I'm done I can get great sounding results without even putting the tubes back in! I simply can't beat the turn around time and the shipping is free! I'll grant you that my faceplate designs suck, but what they lack in quality they make up for with fingerprints and bent screws. Now before you all start sending me PMs for orders, I'm sorry to inform you that I'm only making these badboys for myself!
Eric Cartman :mrgreen:

I laughed out loud at this :lol: brings new meaning to "brown sound"

Dang it Rob!

I go on vacation for a week and come back and see this crap?! Now I need another module. This Texas Special looks amazing.

And now YOU go on vacation for a week?!

:wink:

p.s. any samples out there?

Unfortunately, no. I finished up the first one and had time to photograph and post it before heading out for my trip. I'll need a few days to get settled in once I return, but I'll get them done. Along with that "other" new mod... :wink:

Jaded Faith said:
Unfortunately, no. I finished up the first one and had time to photograph and post it before heading out for my trip. I'll need a few days to get settled in once I return, but I'll get them done. Along with that "other" new mod... :wink:

Sounds great. Enjoy your trip and family.

I've said this a few times in private and now I will say it here: The remark made in that thread was way out of line and doesn't help anyone.

I've always felt this "theory" has little merit, but it's not really my place to judge. Just as it wasn't that of who made the remark.

My view is this: the modders cross swords sometimes because they are emulating the same tones on the same platform. Sometimes this results in similar features on these mods. Whether this is by parallel invention or "inspiration" from one-another is really up for grabs, I think only two people truly know the answer to that. In my opinion though it doesn't matter... JF has his USP's, as does Salvation, as do Friedman and SG.

So in some people's mind this is a huge fiery battle, in others it's a healthy competition. I'd prefer the latter, thankyouverymuch.

A little disclaimer: these are my personal views, I am in no way a spokesman for Salvation Mods or Anthony.

m0jo said:
I've said this a few times in private and now I will say it here: The remark made in that thread was way out of line and doesn't help anyone.

I've always felt this "theory" has little merit, but it's not really my place to judge. Just as it wasn't that of who made the remark.

My view is this: the modders cross swords sometimes because they are emulating the same tones on the same platform. Sometimes this results in similar features on these mods. Whether this is by parallel invention or "inspiration" from one-another is really up for grabs, I think only two people truly know the answer to that. In my opinion though it doesn't matter... JF has his USP's, as does Salvation, as do Friedman and SG.

So in some people's mind this is a huge fiery battle, in others it's a healthy competition. I'd prefer the latter, thankyouverymuch.

A little disclaimer: these are my personal views, I am in no way a spokesman for Salvation Mods or Anthony.

PERFECTLY STATED!!! I agree with the healthy competition theory as well 8)

m0jo said:
JF has his USP's, as does Salvation, as do Friedman and SG.

Uh-oh! :shock: :lol:

1287727052.jpg

Latest posts