Jaded Faith XMG

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@ColdMachine

How is the XMG then? I take you've now had time to put it through its paces? How would you say it compares to some other modules?

audiomidijace said:
"I am all ears for recommendations on the next Original design."

What I'd like to see is a module that allows you to "blend" at least two tones together. Like a nice clean tone with a slightly overdriven tone. Use one knob as a balance control as to how much you want of either tone. Another example would be like a Mesa tone blended with a Marshall tone. There you go, it's a British/American blend module! 3 position switch on each side to choose Clean, Mid gain, High gain. Then a balance knob to control the blend.
I'll take that, an order of fries and a Diet Coke to go! :D

While the amp stinks, Dean makes their Dime amp and the clean and distorted channels have a feature where you can blend the two. So, out of one speaker, you get clean and out of another speaker, you get distortion. Its a really neat idea and it would be cool as hell if it could get implemented into a module. I'd also love to see a presence knob on the modules that's independent from the master section.

As far as mid-gain goes, I think something in the Bogner Goldfinger/ Buddah Superdrive, Orange (orange cleans) area might sound cool. You could call the mod "The Rainbow" or something cheesy like that.

I want a module that sounds like it has been variac'd.. i know i know, impossible. I think that would sound kick *** though.

The Rossness said:
While the amp stinks, Dean makes their Dime amp and the clean and distorted channels have a feature where you can blend the two. So, out of one speaker, you get clean and out of another speaker, you get distortion. Its a really neat idea and it would be cool as hell if it could get implemented into a module. I'd also love to see a presence knob on the modules that's independent from the master section.

As far as mid-gain goes, I think something in the Bogner Goldfinger/ Buddah Superdrive, Orange (orange cleans) area might sound cool. You could call the mod "The Rainbow" or something cheesy like that.

I really like the blending idea. Is that more of a module or a amp modification?

Back to the topic at hand. We need a demo from a guy wearing only a FIG leaf... :wink:

Hopefully I will have my XMG in the next 3-4 weeks, then you get some metal demos :wink:

Of course nothing is more appreciated and funnier than a fig-review

custom audio PT-100 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGErfbbJOqg

So essentially a module that could go crunch-80's-higher gain

Which would probably be your RR59 :roll: Anyway..

Sorry guys, I've sold my power amp and the rest of my recording rig is down at the moment. I think crankyrayhanky will be putting some clips up soon though.

I am checking in new orders to start for this coming week today and I think I have about 3-5 of these in line. So the bad news is you might wait a little longer for clips, but they should be coming very soon.

There's a small window I have between my work ending and family holiday time. I'll try to get a XMG clip out there :D

Prediction: Hi gain drop tuning riffage :twisted:

As soon as mine comes in from Rob; jadedfaithmods.com will feature a great representation of the XMG, fast, articulate, thrash and modern metal.

I like that prediction ray! :)

Hopefully I'll get mine around christmas (with a little bit of luck even before) and then I'll make some clips too!

screenhunter_03-dec-10-1329-1.jpg

just received; first impressions are lethal...this is one angry mod. How in the world is there no noise? Is there a gate in there? IDK, doesn't feel like a gate, but it has tons of angry tight gain with drop quiet noise floor

No gate, its mod magic :D

**** my 3 mod order from Rob will hopefully be here before xmas, thanks for the extra GAS for my XMG,

crankyrayhanky said:
just received; first impressions are lethal...this is one angry mod. How in the world is there no noise? Is there a gate in there? IDK, doesn't feel like a gate, but it has tons of angry tight gain with drop quiet noise floor
Although I do offer them, I am not typically a fan of them. I assure you there is no gate anywhere in that beast. Just solid design from the ground up. :wink:

I actually just checked my records and I have only installed 8 gates ever since 2007!

That's crazy! I actually did the gate inspection, listening closely at the notes wind down...beautiful. The hi gain gives that feeling like all feedback hell is going to break loose when I stop playing, but then, it is quiet as a mouse :!:

Latest posts