JF GA-50 mod

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ricky

Reaction score
I commissioned Rob to do a 1949 Gibson GA-50 and it blew me away how spot on t seems in that the tone I was after is the tone that I get from it. I know most MTS folks are into rock tones, which I love. however, Randall really blew it by not marketing this stuff to other guitar styles. I play some jazz and wanted that classic big jazz box sound that you used to hear back in the 50s....Jim Hall, Johnny Smith, etc. Here is a clip of I did with that classic tone. I am playing a Gibson L5 with a floating Johnny Smith hum bucker.
This is the warmest mod I have ever had the pleasure to own. I have most of the high Gain mods and old Fender mod and Marshall mods, but this one is so different. Actually, if I crank it, it sounds kind of like my Wrecked mod, but this clip is not that.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1234714&content=songinfo&songID=12520152

Rob was talking about you and this Gibson mod at the LA Amp Show over the weekend. He showed me a picture of the mod.
Great tone and even better playing! Nicely done.

I certainly was! I really enjoy Rick's taste in music, playing and the design challenges he presents me with. Just like a few very talented guys at the show I could listen to all day, Rick's jazz clips are always tasteful and a variation from the norm.

Wow, Guys, I am truly honored! Thanks a lot. In fairness, I am not a true jazz guy, but I have to do that style on occasion, which I really like.
Rob,my brother does run the jazz program at Texas State and apparently a couple of guys fell in love with the sound of your mod. I will send them your way if they make the jump to MTS.

Latest posts