JF Mr. Scary (SLO-100). New discovery.

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eyeball987

Reaction score
Flipping the bright switch to the left (lower gain) really rocks with a boost or for mid gain. I suggest trying it out if you have been stuck on the high gain bliss that happens with the switch to the right.

I unloaded a couple modules that were not loaded up in the RM100 as much and realized I had all 3 that were left set up for high gain. I remembered that the bright switch is now a OD/Crunch swith (or something like that anyway) and flipped it to the left. Great mid gains and with a boost, awsome 80's tones.

I have had this mod for years. Stock, JF Scary, and then updated to the SLO-100. Rob has come a long way and consistently better in my opinion. If you have one, tweak it a bit with the switch to the left. Really cool.

Thank you for the kind words and that's a big part of how I approach life: I try to get better at something every single day.

The lower gain sides of many modules get overlooked often and I hear this kind of feedback in conversations more than you would think. I personally often live on the lower side of the switches myself and there is always more if I need it. I think learning to work with less gain has helped me improve both technique and theory-wise. I use far less power chords these days in favor of complex chords and odd inversions, both of which sound better with less saturation.