Judge GTO module responsiveness/feel

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nlstudio

Reaction score
I finally got this 2-3 weeks ago (after a 3 month wait!) and am really, really, liking it (using the darker mode most of the time). Not only is the sound right up my alley, but it has this 'feel' to it that really makes me want to play. I know this will sound a bit silly but it's like it's alive. What I mean is that it doesn't just take what I give it, it responds back in a way that is very satisfying, like we're having a two way conversation. Lots of sustain, the ability to pull harmonics out without much effort, feedback at will. Just sings. And, it's doing this while playing at low volume levels.

So, do any of you who have played with this module feel the same way about the feel/responsiveness? Does it have 'that' feel for you? If not, what are you playing through (I'm using an RM22(el84s). How about other stock/sig/modded modules? Any of them got that special something that goes beyond 'just' sounding good? And finally, what tradeoffs in design are necessary to achieve this type of response (i.e. more noise, tonal changes, less tightness, etc.). I know, lots of questions but I thought it would be cool see what you all think.

Thanks.

nlstudio said:
How about other stock/sig/modded modules? Any of them got that special something that goes beyond 'just' sounding good?

My "JF MarkX" & "GM Ultra" both have a "feel" to them, no matter which one of my guitars or power amps I use... but some of my other modules are kinda picky of what they're paired up with. An example would be... my "PV VIL" has a good "feel" with some of my guitars, but not with others. Also, my "GM Slodano" is kinda picky too... And since they're modules, instead of high-dollar amps, I'm trying to afford keeping every module I aquire! :D

Everyone starts in the darker mode and ends up with bright on/right, mode left/off

Wait and see :wink:

hunter said:
Everyone starts in the darker mode and ends up with bright on/right, mode left/off

Wait and see :wink:

Bingo... Or at least Mode off (left).