Just bought my first MTS amp.

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p4vl

Reaction score
Found a used RM100 for $400 (EL34's, Ultra, Ultra+, and Blackface modules). I think I'll send off one of the Ultra's to be modded into a Trilogy.

Once I sell my ENGL Screamer head and XXX combo, I'll look into foglifters and kt88's to go with my old e34l's.

\m/

Great amp to get going on. Lots of info here, down the rabbit hole you go. :D

Spoke too soon. Apparently Guitar Center has Randalls with modules that don't goddamn WORK AT ALL :roll: :roll:

So pissed.

p4vl said:
Spoke too soon. Apparently Guitar Center has Randalls with modules that don't goddamn WORK AT ALL :roll: :roll:

So pissed.

Before you get too mad, let's troubleshoot your amp. What's going on with it? Please explain as best as you can. Plenty of knowledgeable people around here. Unfortunately, I'm not one of them. :lol:

Also look at it this way, you got 3 modules and a whole amp for 400$! 400$ for the amp unloaded is still good so don't push the panic button yet. Might be a fuse or tube etc.... outline the issues here and some people will be able to help.

Welcome and we can help...It's frustrating when a new rig isn't working but you are in the right place....

Are you able to switch between mods and do you hear anything? There is much to troubleshoot so could you give us a quick rundown on what you are experiencing...

Any sound? Popping? Hissing? I once had a flatulent RM100....They can do all sorts of weird things but they are pretty easy to get back on their feet...

:)

Oh, sorry, I didn't explain. THEY found out that the amp that they'd very recently marked for a 'Price Drop' wasn't working and called me back to let me know that they'd cancelled the sale. They didn't rip me off for $400; just pissed in my cheerios an hour after I thought I'd found a killer deal.

I know that's less of a big deal than being stuck with a lemon amp but I've been chomping at the bit to get in on this whole modding thing and putting wacky tube combinations in the power amp section.

Off-topic: Acquiring a RM100 might be easier if I increase my budget. I've got a Peavey XXX 2x12 combo with some upgrades (new screen grid resistors for E34L's and White Chickenhead knobs). I can't seem to get rid of it in this area: should I put this amp that weighs more than a Panzer Tank on ebay? I've heard UPS or USPS will box it up for you but would they be reliable?

To be honest, there are some really handy people here...400 for what you said is a steal, even broken if the issue is minor...No description is worrisome as it could be major (though unlikely)....

I would either inquire more specifically about the issues and negotiate a little wiggle room for repairs...Or just get it and have it all shipped straight to repair/modding?

Good luck!