Just got a new RM100...

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never tried a green stripe. It would make sense if they were closer to Mark IVs, since they were the last revision and were produced concurrently for a while. Really, the differences between them are pretty subtle, so chances are you'll be OK no matter what.

Keep your mts amp and buy a Salvation Markus,get better Mark tones for alot less money than an old Mesa amp....If you are going to play in a band,I would spring for a head/cab....even if it is a 2x12....Ive never thought a combo sounds good.....used to play a 5150 halfstank and tried the combo,halfstack smokes it,even the head through a 2x12 did....might be a little extra setup/transprt,but it is worth it,teh tone os just alot better overall...something about having it all in one just hasnt worked in any of the amps Ive heard.....

Yea I kind of understand what you mean. Im not that familiar with many amps or their setups but I did play through a half-stack of one of the Mesa Studio amps. I compared it to the combo and it was a massive difference.

I have since sold my RM100C and STILL havnt managed to sell my 5150 combo. I started with an asking price of $625 about 9 months ago, and now Im down to asking for $545.

Seems like Ebay might be my last option...

Don't know if I am reading this correctly, but what I am sseing is someone who got into the MTS and had 3 stock modules and two of them didn't quite get it. After being involved with this for almost a year, I see that the mistake people make is thinking that the mediocre stock modules are the end when they are actually the beginning. Yes the treadplate is limited, but a modded treadplate is unlimited. All of the modules seem to be this way and that is not a complaint at all.

It was beyond the sound. The amp was problematic. I played a treadplate and it wasnt BAD but it also wasnt GOOD. The treadplate that came with my RM100 was disgusting. It sounded like a WWII radio. Same with the ultra.

I think the clean was only decent because it was just a straight clean signal. No clipping or anything to factor into the signal. I took it back to guitar center to get my refund for $540 and they tested it out and agreed that it was the amps fault. They had to send it into Randall for maintenance.

It was just a deal that was too good to be true. If the amp worked fine, I would still have it. But that isn't the case. It just wasn't meant to be... :(

Latest posts