kh-3, 1086, grail, and?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muzapstar

Reaction score
the kh-3, 1086, and grail are my favorites. however, i only have 3 slots and need a saturated lead, thunder rythm, clean, and ballsy overdrive to punchy rythm sounds. The dillema is that I have what i need for the first two with the kh-3 and 1086 and grail (i'll put two in) but I can't figure out what to use for the 3rd one. I tried a super v and it's good but a bit bright and chimey. I'd like something that does nice clean like the kh-1 or even blackface but has a nice sweet overdrive and chunky punchy rythm. I want these both by just turning up or down the gain. What would you guys do for this? Any experience?

kh-3
kh-2
kh-1
grail
super v
ultra
xtc
mr. Scary
Blackface
rm100 combo
=C= el34's
esp with emg 81, 60
prs custom 22
zaola cable
monster cable
crybaby 95c
lots of other stuff i don't use much

Blackface is awesome, a very inspiring clean module with grit
I don't know if you'll find a unit that gives clean tones and sweet overdrive/punchy rhythm

nice, i just got a blackface... i like it. I'm in love with the 1086 but i need something for leads. the xtc is nice but not enough gain.

Do you throw a pedal in front of that xtc? I add minimal distortion- almost zero- and get enough edge to put it over the top for leads on my modules

this is coming from a career long anti-pedal guy, but the right pedal really does add that extra edge on quality tube amps

crankyrayhanky said:
Do you throw a pedal in front of that xtc? I add minimal distortion- almost zero- and get enough edge to put it over the top for leads on my modules

this is coming from a career long anti-pedal guy, but the right pedal really does add that extra edge on quality tube amps

nah, i like to have my tone as pristine as possible - nothing between guitar and amp but a zaolla