KH1: Now for something completely different

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julia

Reaction score
You guys all posting high gain clips. I give you ... the KH1 + Gibson SG. I'm taking singing lessons so I had to record the song I've been doing. Got "A" on project... so....

Drums: Addictive Drums -- kit after Brad Wilk

Julia on:

Bass: Ibanez Bass (cheap) through Hartke preamp/DI
Acoustic Guitars: Ovation Balladeer
Electric: Gibson SG Standard (neck and bridge pickup) through KH1
Electric leads and solo: Gibby as above w/ Keeley Java Boost through KH1
Cabinet speaker: Celestion Greenback.
Lead Vocals: moi... no booze.
Vocal Harmony: I slapped this on using a midi track through my TC Helicon Voicelive while I sang the lead. Unusual harmony, but it works for the song.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8840620

nice, kh1 sounds way better than i'd imagined it would. did the ovation go through it too? good luck with the singing lessons (no offense intended : P). stellar.

The Ovation went DI. I really like the KH1.

Personally I think vocals are totally neglected. I strongly encourage kids starting out on guitar or any other instrument to study voice. Not necessarily classical, but at least know how and develop it. It's the only way we're ever going to get away from the faked overprocessed pop vocals we hear so much these days.

KV-1, you got to hear the remix. I pulled the snare drum back and moved some instruments around to eliminate sonic conflicts. Problem is that I'm partially deaf and trying to mix. I have good days and bad. I heard it on a good day and didn't like what I'd done, so remixed it.

Have you tried acupuncture? I was literally deaf about 5-6 years ago.
No kidding. Went to an acupuncturist, May Wong, in Brooklyn, NY.
I am now hearing better than I could in my teens. The western medicine doctor had written me off. Time for a hearing aid. At least it's worth a try. But only from one schooled in China, I would recommend.

Latest posts