Leaving the world of Eleven rack for an RM4

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep! I used the M13 when I had my RM4/RT250 setup, and it was very easy to get it set up to switch the channels on the RM4. Plus the effects were great :) I am using an HD500 now (both for effects and as a backup amp in case something goes south when my mts rig), and it is capable of the same thing afaik

did you have to get the ebtech line level switcher to use the m13? I bought one this weekend and it doesn't seem that the loop over powers the unit. The compressors aren't working well in the loop and with the 4 cable method it's overly noisy.

when i have it just in the loop it's quiet, when i have it before the amp and in the loop it's noisy.

Yeah, I didn't run it in 4CM, so I don't have experience with that. I imagine lifting that ground would resolve that, though?

Hmmmm... that seems odd. I am fairly certain that they make devices just for tackling this issue, as it's pretty common, from what I understand. maybe someone who's used one will chime in with a recommendation

I'm running it 4CM and did notice more noise on the higher gain channels or when a distortion box is selected (I have those set up before the preamp).
Activating the noise gate helped, but I plan to mess with it some more this weekend. No, I don't have an Ebtech in there.
I also suspected the cables (middle of the road monster 6 ft. cables), but I'm not so sure...
Ground lift didn't change anything for me.
I'll report back after the weekend, but the noise is relative-the RM4 is super quiet without effects and only a moderate level of hiss when using a cranked module with the M13.
Any known noise concerns with the serial effects loop?

Noise gate didn't help at all.
With just using the serial loop it's dead quiet. I bet a group lift would help on the RM100 when doing 4cm. It's think it's power supply noise.

Latest posts