looking for new pickups..

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny Wadd

Reaction score
I'm looking at purchasing new pickups for my main fiddle.
Currently has stockers in it with an active mid boost circuit

The pups are not active, the mid boost is active.

Currently a charvel model 4 - 1986 vintage..not a high value guitar but a decent player that just feels good to me.

Anyway, since I don't have a drawer full of new pickups sitting around, and since they all sound different through different amps..
I was looking to get your opinion on what you would do.

Currently a humbucker/single/single set up.
Was thinking about the Duncan super distortion for the bridge, not sure what to put in the mid or neck..

Would love to switch pickups and go from nice pristine clean, to a rock, to full onslaught metal... need articulation, leads cut through but not harsh, a nice bottom end that isn't mushy..
Is that too much to ask?
IMG_20131126_213016_851_zpsb784b75a.jpg

I'm super into the dimarzio d sonic or crunch lab for bridge. They're very versatile and I think sound great. I had a mini 3 way toggle added for series, parallel and single coil (the rail) and it's amazing the tones I get. If you do grab one, make sure to install the side with the rail closer to the middle pup and the side with individual pole pieces closer to the bridge. I had to flip mine around as it was positioned the other way at first which sucked for tone I felt, and I love it now that it's flipped with the rail on the inner position (I have the D Sonic, but the crunch lab is similar with a bit more output).

Latest posts