Lynch Grail vs E-Rect

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MetalMajik

Reaction score
Has anyone had a chance to A/B the Lynch Grail and the E-Rect modules. Which one does the very gritty tripple rec sound better?

I have both, and think they are both great, but the grail is definitely more aggressive than the e-rect with a tighter bottom end and sharper highs, it has a really unique harmonic growl to it which cuts well in a band mix. At the same time it is very clear in the top end with no buzz whatsoever.
The e-rect is great too but definitely doesn't growl like the grail and is smoother alround.
I really want to put another dual channel module in my M4 but i can't find anything that beats the grail for high gain with clarity. I have sent many an email to egnater asking about making a dual channel grail for me but get no response.

I haven't gotten the chance to compare both, but it seems you can't go wrong with either one. I have the e-rect and the tone on that mod is just awesome. To me, that's what a recto "should" sound like. I have to agree with rickgk, the top end is smooth and the low end isn't as tight as other mods, much rounder and bigger which i prefer, since my mark and ultra xl do the tight bass thing very well. Harmonics just jump out of the darn thing too. I could just play with that module for hours and it would still bring a smile to my face.

Generally speaking, I don't think that email is the best way to ask them questions. Much better to pick up the phone. You can also try begnater <at> aol <dot> com; you will have better success with that one.