Lynch seemingly using his Lynchbox?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kapo_Polenton

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSAtR5mn1zc&feature=related

Check out the 3 way jam. Kotzen sounds unbelievable phrasing wise as usual as does Gilbert. Lynch hmmmmm, maybe not so much and seems turned down in the mix. Anyway looks like there are two Lynchbox amps on stage, the cab is mic'ed. Doesn't mean he is actually using them but a good indication he "might" is that there are only two modules loaded. generally speaking you'd think if it were for show they'd have all the modules in there but i know this means nothing. Anyway, the light is on in the first module on both amps. Is it me or does it look like a Grail?? Or is it a Scary? Or is it the Friedman amp behind stage? Enjoy....

The left one is definitly a Mr Scary, right one might be too or a Grail.
Kotzen is often a bit off .. but then again, George too ;)

I do like how George does his thing with a **** telecaster haha, that's insane!

Well it is probably a scary then.. too bad you can't really see him. Kotzen does go a little nuts later on but the guy has serious chops with those cornfords. He is a weirdo though.

Looks like a Grail and Super V on the left amp and a Mr Scary on the right...both amps are on. All three of these guys rip.

Awesome players all in all. Kotzen is more than likely playing through the small Marshall 2061x with a Sobbat pedal. I just saw him a month or so prior to the posting of that video and he was awesome. Great singer, songwriter, guitar playing and all. One of my favs from the old shredder days that really honed all his skills not just the gymnastic side of guitar playing. Met him after the show and a super cool humble guy. Paul Gilbert is really cool too I met him after a gig where I got thrown out and he actually invited me backstage after the show. Autographed my sneakers and was just the coolest. Never met Lynch but he seems like he would be pretty cool too.

Lynch changes gear and amps the most ( mostly amps )...

As much as I love lynch and gilbert, Kotzen is by far my favorite player out of the three. Chops to burn, and I find him really tasteful and slippery. Phenomenal singer/songwriter too. Kind of like if chris Cornell sang motown songs.

Isaac said:
As much as I love lynch and gilbert, Kotzen is by far my favorite player out of the three. Chops to burn, and I find him really tasteful and slippery. Phenomenal singer/songwriter too. Kind of like if chris Cornell sang motown songs.
I have been hearing more about him lately. I only really remember him
from his short time in Poison. Our local shop owner kept raving about his
performance at NAMM this year. It was him and an acoustic. I must check
out more of his stuff. Funny you mention Cornell which I think is just a
phenom of a singer and he is mostly influenced by jazz and motown when
it comes to singing.

Latest posts