• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Make Offer: Jose "9 lives" module

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

notyet

Reaction score
I've got an unusual module here- this obviously has a Jose mod done to it because you can see the tell-tale shrink-wrapped component pack behind the tone stack. A variety of caps have been replaced as well. There is also the internal gain pot to allow you to customize the gain range.

The faceplate is just silver with no labeling other than hand-written "gain/bass/mid/treble" etc with a sharpie. Would probably polish off and you could write it in your own hand. :)

The original seller indicated that this was a Voodoo Jose mod but it appears to have been tweaked since then- Hence my naming it "9 Lives"... it probably has a lot of stories to tell.

The board has a couple of obvious repairs that were rough. I patched one of them in the vicinity of the input capacitor to be a little better and overall the board works fine.

This is a high gain marshall module but has more of a brutal/chainsaw sort of edge to it. I have a *lot* of overlap on Marshall modules, and since this is unusual, I thought someone might enjoy it.

Here's a little video clip of it:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19672513/VIDEO0125.mp4

Obviously it is a cameraphone clip that isn't studio quality- its just intended to give you an idea of the character of it.

Open to offers of cash or trades. Not looking for a ton of money for this and its a cool mod.

It has a cool aggressive character to it.

I'm open to trades- even non musical stuff. Restaurant gift cards would be useful to me. :)

$125 shipped USA? It doesn't have the thumbscrews...

Module sounds great, how is it not sold at that price????

I just bought 3 and looking for another Dual, otherwise I'd drop the $125.

Sold! Thanks.

Yes, thats (2) 1x12 modules in the picture. I built these roughly based off the size of an Avatar 1x12 that I thought sounded great. They are a little wider and a little less deep but the same general volume. I love 'em but there is a buzz somewhere in them/

Latest posts