Mamba Clip

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crankyrayhanky

Reaction score
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=894143&songID=8770064

Epihone Gothic Les Paul>(George Ls)>Dunlop BassWah>mw1>rm100>Salvation Mamba (more mids engaged, Kill On, tight engaged on leftaxe)>6L6s>Marshall 4x12 v30s 16ohm>Naked Eye>(Mogami)TNC acm84>Roland 2480

That sounds pretty cool ray.
I really couldn't get the sounds I wanted out of my RM100 unfortunately, even though they're awesome amps. I traded for an ENGL Blackmore anyway and now I'm very content :D

Great crunch in that Mamba! It's on my wish list. Love those extra mids.

(OT) Hey loltrash, if you ever get the time I would love to hear a clip of that Blackmore...

sounds cool

any chance you could do a clip of the Angel with this set up?

Honestly, I'd like to hear the Mamba and Gigmods Mark in stereo one day, both with EL34's in the power section :p

This clip was frikkin brutal, though :D

Rising Farce said:
Very heavy sounding. Do you like it for leads as well?

I like it for leads, but it is not a smooth tone- it is warm though, along with ferocious. If you're playing a tune with this tone for rhythm, it would work for leads... but if you're looking for a lead specialty module, probably better choices out there.

Be aware I've been using a lot of my EpiPaul7 dropA lately, and while I like that axe for crunch crunch, it always comes up thin and toneless for leads regardless of the amp.

The full length clip has a solo, but I stupidly outthought myself and took the mic (which sounded as good as I could hope for in retrospect for the rhythms) and moved from up on the grill to back a foot. Uggh, bad move. The lead I then had to drastically eq (which I didn't touch the rhythms) and then add a space chorus just to make it not so horrid.

MegaGoo said:
sounds cool

any chance you could do a clip of the Angel with this set up?

Yes, I'll have to get an Angel clip up. Not quit as huge a low end (but then no other module toucjes the Mamba here), but poweful lows along with lots of Marshally mids makes the Angel a cool module....I may need to retract my sale :?

Goldfish said:
(OT) Hey loltrash, if you ever get the time I would love to hear a clip of that Blackmore...
Yep I'd love to get a good clip recorded but I just don't have the gear to do it at the moment. I might take it over to a friends house or something and record some things.

lolthrash said:
Goldfish said:
Yep I'd love to get a good clip recorded but I just don't have the gear to do it at the moment. I might take it over to a friends house or something and record some things.

Yeah, I hear you on that... Had my eye on it and was curious what sort of tone you're using it for and where you think it excels.

I play a lot of thrash (heaps of metallica), plenty of straight up hard rock and lots of melodic death metal and heavier hardcore-influenced mosh stuff, predominantly. Plus lots of Opeth, so the heavy as hell stuff as well as the beautifully clean parts, and this amp seriously accommodates everything I throw at it. It's not liking the bottom end of my Les Paul in dropped B with the gibson pickups, I think I'll need to rectify that with a different pair of pickups, but it sounds soooo good in standard with my Jackson. So much clarity and just... I dunno, everything's great haha. Mine has all JJ tubes though (I think they come stock with some kinda 5881s, like sovtek or whatever). I have JJ6L6GCs and JJECC83s. Hated the 6L6s in my RM100 but they're awesome in this amp! The guy I bought it from, this is his old band:
www.myspace.com/metalsevered
Listen to the tracks on there, they were recorded with the ENGL Blackmore and they sound soooo sweet.

Sorry to take over your thread cranky!!!!

lolthrash said:
I play a lot of thrash (heaps of metallica), plenty of straight up hard rock and lots of melodic death metal and heavier hardcore-influenced mosh stuff, predominantly. Plus lots of Opeth, so the heavy as hell stuff as well as the beautifully clean parts, and this amp seriously accommodates everything I throw at it. It's not liking the bottom end of my Les Paul in dropped B with the gibson pickups, I think I'll need to rectify that with a different pair of pickups, but it sounds soooo good in standard with my Jackson. So much clarity and just... I dunno, everything's great haha. Mine has all JJ tubes though (I think they come stock with some kinda 5881s, like sovtek or whatever). I have JJ6L6GCs and JJECC83s. Hated the 6L6s in my RM100 but they're awesome in this amp! The guy I bought it from, this is his old band:
www.myspace.com/metalsevered
Listen to the tracks on there, they were recorded with the ENGL Blackmore and they sound soooo sweet.

Sorry to take over your thread cranky!!!!

Thanks, that's very helpful. Yeah, seems a lot of players are getting great tones for heavier hi-gain stuff. That's interesting since its also marketed to cover the more vintage Blackmore Marshall Major non-MV tone as well. Interesting combination, sounds like a unique amp. (Sorry for the OT)

It certainly handles lots of cleaner low gain stuff, that's mostly what the amp is for as far as I can tell, but the gain knob is extremely versatile and when you roll it up a bit there's gain pouring out of every orifice.. And the cleans are fantastic, I really need a good reverb pedal, it would be UNBEATABLE with a good reverb.

suits that really sludgy downtuned style well!! ps. i would be the guy who traded amps with lolthrash...... he mentioned this forum is real good for mts info and he was right

severedmetal said:
suits that really sludgy downtuned style well!! ps. i would be the guy who traded amps with lolthrash...... he mentioned this forum is real good for mts info and he was right
sure was stew hehe :D
lots of great guys here

is that your riff? if so you could probably sell it on ebay, v.chubby!